MARRY ME (II)

Thank you very much readers for such an overwhelming response to the 1st part of this story!! ✨️✨️

And here you go for the part2.. enjoy!!

As I looked towards the mandap, my eyes bulged out in shock as I saw a person sitting there..

"Ammi" was the only word to escape from my mouth..

"Kya hua haseena ji.. aap ruk kyu gayi.. chaliye na.. pandit ji aur ammi raah dekh rhe hain aapki.. muhrat beeta jaa rha hai"

"Ammi ko bhi kaid kar liya aapne?"
I asked with moistened eyes..

Ouch!! Something different happened inside me when I heard her saying "kaid"

"Kyu kiya aapne aisa.. kar toh rhe hain na hum aapse shaadi.. ammi ko toh jaane dijie.."

"Kisne kaha aapse ki humne kaid kiya hai aapki ammi ko.. woh khud aayi hain yahan.. aapka kanyadaan karne.. infact.. aapki jaankari ke liye batadein.. yeh shaadi unki razamandi se ho rhi hai.."

As soon as I heard him saying this.. my heart broke into pieces.. my mother was the only person in this world to understand me.. I can't even believe this..

"Ammi.. ammi kyu karegi aisa.."

I looked towards her but she didn't look into my eyes.. I noticed a bundle of cash in her hands and looked towards him.. and he responded with affirmation.. my wildest of dream came true.. I never imagined that.. my own mother had "sold" me to a ruthless, mafia man for just some amount of money.. and was now sitting there to give her blessings.. And now I am completely shattered.. and don't even have a way out.. what a good game destiny has played..

Ammi.. aap toh jaan chhidakti thi na humpar.. aapne aisa kiya.. humne Bure se Bure sapne mein bhi nhi socha tha ki aap.. aap aisa karengi.. ghinn aa rhi hai humein aapko humari ammi kehne mein.. kyu kiya aapne aisa..

Dekh beta.. humne jo bhi kiya woh tere bhale ke liye kiya..

Mat kahiye humein beta.. aur kya bhala kiya aapne humara.. Chand paison ke liye koi apni aulaad ko kaise bech sakta hai..

And I broke down in front of everyone.. His ten bodyguards were standing in line with guns.. they were wearing black goggles but I could decipher their expressions quite well..
My mind was not in a good state.. I ran towards one of them to grab the gun but Anubhav tightly held me midway.. I was feeling pain but this pain wasn't even 1 percent of what I was going through mentally at this time..
I wanted to run, scream and just get myself buried.. but certainly.. Anubhav had other plans.. He made me sit near the holy fire pit.. Soon we took the seven sacred rounds..
And the priest asked him to fill my hairline with vermilion and tie the mangalsutra around my neck.. None of our faces showed happiness..

He picked up the mangalsutra and tied it on my neck when a drop of tear escaped my eye and probably landed on the dorsal of his hand..

I was tying the mangalsutra around her neck when I felt a drop on my hand and realized that she was crying.. I know she couldn't handle the news of her own mother selling her for some money.. and personally, even I would not be able to handle if I was at her place.. But besides all of this.. I can't afford to cancel this marriage at this point of time.. because this marriage holds great importance in both of our lives.. whether she believes it or not.. Bahut jald aapko pata chal jaayega ki humne yeh vivah kyu kiya.. parantu uske liye apko humare iss roop ko jhelna hoga.. yeh shaadi hum ek chhote se nhi badle ke liye nahi kar rhe.. iska maksad sirf hum jaante hain..

After our so-called "marriage", my "husband" asked Anisha, the caretaker to guide me towards our, no.. his room..

I went upstairs and as soon as I opened the door of the room.. I met with a sight I was probably not expecting.. the room was decorated beautifully.. just like the ones decorated for newly weds for their "wedding night".

My throat went dry and I gulped imagining the scenario that would take place in near future..

Nevertheless.. my clothes were kept in a closet so I changed my clothes quickly and went to sleep on the couch.. yes.. couch.. why the h*ll would I sleep on his bed.. never.. not even in my dreams..

I immediately closed my eyes as I realised he stepped into the room..

I knew he was gazing me.. I could feel the heat.. I was still pretending when suddenly I felt myself in air and realized he had picked me up in his arms and laid me down on "his" bed.. and covered me with a quilt..

Honestly, I just don't know what's exactly going on in his mind.. but one thing I realised was that it was all PLANNED.. everything.. and I had no choice but to accept my fate.. yes, I know I can fight for myself.. but I don't want to.. kya karoongi ladkar.. apnon ne toh tod diya vishwas.. toh ek baar iss shaks pe aitbaar kar liya jaye.. shayad humari zindagi ko ek mauka mile.. par jo bhi ho.. humare siddhant aur humari self respect na humne pehle kam hone di thi.. na ab hone denge..

He lay down just beside me and I started feeling nervous..
But then I suddenly freaked out when I felt his lips on my forehead.. I had a very different feeling..

Bonne nuit, mon amour!! He whispered, planting a kiss near my earlobe.. and that's all I remember..