6

---Alexxis' POV---
I ran into Alex's gym, where Alex was training.

"Come on kid!" Alex's coach shouted. "You gotta be quicker then that to take down 'TNT' Matthews!" Alex was going at it on a ball being held in the air by two strings.

"Focus...." Alex mumbled. Alex began punching the bag. Alex's coach looked over at me.

"May I help you?" Alex's coach asked.

"I'm Alex's girlfriend," I stated. "I came to see him."

"He needs to focus," Alex's coach stated. "I will tell him--" Alex looked over and stopped punching. The look in his eyes went from "I am going to murder you" to "Happy puppy dog" instantly.

"Hey Alexxis!" Alex cheered.

"Alex," Alex's coach scolded. "Focus."

"But Bryan-" Alex stated. Bryan raised his hand.

"Focus Alex." Bryan stated. Alex sighed and went back to punching. Bryan looked at me.

"Sorry," I stated. "I'm not too happy with Alex taking on a professional boxer. He's going to get hurt."

"That's what he signed up for." Bryan stated.

"I know," I stated. "I'm just worried about him." Bryan stopped Alex mid-workout.

"Take five." Bryan stated. "And please deal with this." Bryan pointed to me. Alex looked at me.

"I get her concern," Alex stated. "'TNT' can be.... Well, as deadly as TNT." That made me feel much worse.

"Alex," Bryan stated. "We aren't going to let him get the way he is. We can't let him become a brawler."

"A what?" I asked.

"A brawler is someone who fights offensively." Alex replied. "Sometimes you need to be defensively and offensively smart to go the distance."

"Brawlers are extremely aggressive." Bryan stated.

"Another reason why I'm wondering why you took that fight." I stated. Bryan walked away. Alex took his gloves off and sat down.

"Ever since I started fighting," Alex stated. "I have wanted in the big ring. I wanted people cheering my name. I wanted praise. I wanted glory. This is my chance Alexxis." Alex gave me puppy dog eyes. I looked at his big, brown eyes and sighed.

"Please," I begged. "Be careful."

"I will." Alex stated. "Don't you worry." Alex kissed my cheek, then began drinking his water with his gloves still on. I sighed.

"I better let you train." I stated. "Text me when you're done, okay?"

"Okay." Alex stated. I left the gym.

Later, at home, I was heating up a microwave dinner while watching Harry's previous fights on my TV when I heard a knock at the door. I walked over and answered it. It was Alex.

"Hey." Alex stated. "I was going to text you, but I figured maybe we should talk about my.... Next bought in person." I let Alex into the apartment. Alex looked around.

"I've been watching Harry's fights." I stated. "I wanted to see what you were up against." Alex looked at the TV.

"Truth be told," Alex stated. "It's not just you who's worried about me in this fight. Aaron, Andrew, Roni, and Vanessa are all worried about me in this match up."

"Not Roi?" I asked.

"He's convinced I'm going to win." Alex stated. "Roi always had a lot of optimism."