7

I tossed and turned in my bed in the early morning. I had trouble falling asleep last night and I also had trouble staying asleep. I was uncomfortable and very hot. I fell asleep in a sweatshirt and sweats thinking I'd be cold. I was very wrong.

It was still pretty dark in the cabin. The sun hadn't risen yet, but it wasn't as dark as nighttime. I swung my feet over the edge and stood up. Marshall's snores filled the room. That was another reason I couldn't sleep. I rolled my eyes as I got up and made my way to the bathroom. I flicked on the light and winced at the brightness before quickly shutting the door. It took me a couple seconds to let my eyes adjust, but when I did I peed.

I washed my hands and left the room, making my way to the small kitchen quietly. I was glad it had a small kettle used for heating water because I wanted some tea.

I filled it with water and turned it on, waiting impatiently for it to heat up. I tapped my fingernails on the counter as the thing took it's sweet time. I spotted a package of Oreos on the counter and smiled. I slid them over to me and carefully pulled open the tab. Never too early for cookies.

I pulled one out and just before I lifted my hand to eat it, something startled me.

"What are you doing?" A raspy deep voice said semi-quietly from behind me. It scared me and I whipped around and jumped in shock. The Oreo flew out of my hand and up into the air.

As it came down I watched Levi catch it in the air, before holding it out for me to take. I snatched it from him quickly.

"Jesus, you scared the shit out of me."

"My bad, Evans." He chuckled groggily.

I rolled my eyes as I bit into the cookie.

"So...what are you doing? It's fucking early."

"I couldn't sleep so I'm making tea."

"Tea?"

"Yeah."

"Are you 80 years old?" He teased.

"Shut up. A lot of young people drink tea."

"Yeah...maybe in London." He shot back with a small smile toying at the corner of his lips. I could see the tiredness in his face. His eyes weren't fully open and he looked exhausted.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah." He replied as he covered his mouth and yawned.

"Sorry."

"No it's cool." He waved it off as he walked beside me and grabbed the package of Oreos. He ripped it open and the plastic made a loud ripping noise.

"Shhh!"

He gave me a weird look and a giggle.

He grabbed a couple cookies and leaned against the counter next to me. He wasn't wearing a shirt. He only wore basketball shorts and his entire torso was exposed. It was a little difficult to see him well in the dim light but I could see the outline of his abs and muscles. I tried not to look but it was hard as his entire chest was out in the open.

I sound like a horny dude.

I pulled my eyes away and looked at the kettle that was getting closer to hot.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" Levi asked in between chewing the Oreos.

"I was just uncomfortable. And Marshall was snoring so fucking loud." I said quietly trying to be mindful of the boys who were still sleeping.

"I hear you. I was about ready to stuff a sock in his mouth."

I giggled at him as I found a cup in the kitchen, moving toward the kettle. I poured the hot water in the cup and put a tea bag in there and let it be.