Tell Me What You're Feeling (Summer 7)

VII.

"Oh no," Elise cowered behind Madoka. "Not again."

She had to be marched up to the beast after some calming down and "forceful encouragement" from Madoka. They've ridden several times to the villages around the estate, but the princess would whine every time she rode on horseback. The beast was able to carry Madoka's sword and hatchet. Both weapons were shortened enough by Lord Zeron to be strapped at her hip with minimal effort.

"What are you scared of?" Madoka sighed, then pushed the princess's butt up on the saddle before climbing on. "These 'nature hikes' were your idea, Elise."

"I know, but like, listen," Elise whined, gripping tightly on Madoka's waist. "When did you get so sassy?"

Madoka shrugged and stroked Ciara's mane. She snorted as the two girls adjusted themselves on the saddle. Lord Zeron told them they could go anywhere on the Estate's borders. Madoka assumed it was just the walls of the estate at first, but the princess said even the villages and the forest between were on the estate's premises.

"Just tell us where to go," Madoka told the princess. She regretted saying us, as if the horse and her were the same. "But if you squeeze me any harder I might fall off."

The air is warm.
I will guide you.
I trust you.
Let's go.
Where to? Anywhere.

Madoka sensed Ciara's thoughts like they were one. She still did not ask about it, but with a kick from Madoka they were off.

"W-Whoops," Elise loosened her grip. "I'm surprised this animal listens to you, Madoka."

"I'm not sure what you mean," Madoka lied.

"I always wanted to hike in a forest when I was a kid," the princess went on. "There was this little park in the middle of the city that I would go to when my parent's home went nuclear, but even that didn't have many trails or stuff like that."

"Uh huh," Madoka said. The two rode out quite far, but it appeared the princess did want to go exploring in the forest. Though she knew not what she was talking about, as far as she could remember the princess spent all her time inside the palace walls.

There were so many duties she neglected to do because of the princess.

"Did you have a brother in your, ah, past life?" Madoka had trouble thinking of what it could be like having multiple lives worth of memories. One could do a lot of cleaning with their past lives, Madoka shuddered at that thought.

"Brother?" theprincess scoffed. "No, I was an only child. Thank god I didn't leave any of those behind. Here is good. We can leave the stupid horse here."

"Do we have to walk?" Madoka asked.

"Yeah!" Elise hopped off Ciara. So she is capable of helping herself off the horse, Madoka thought as she watched her. "It's going to be fun!"

Madoka halted Ciara and tethered her to a tree. "We'll be back... hopefully."

The horse neighed in response, chewing at the grass.

"There's a bit of a trail here," Elise said, waiting for her. Her attire was that of a simple traveler's clothing, unfit for a princess. Madoka wore a similar garb, but that was to be expected. She turned and narrowed her eyes at Madoka. Her look made the maid blush. Still, Elise maintained her gaze.

"Plenty of time for you to share your feelings with me."

"My... feelings?" Madoka placed a hand over her heart.

The breeze gently pushed aside the glittering green tree branches as the two began to walk.

"Yes, Madoka," Elise took her hand. Madoka felt the princess's grip to be solid, no longer wavering from being lifted. "You have doubts about me, might even despise me for how I've been making you do —"