Chapter 44

1060 words

𝘠𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸-𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵-𝘯𝘰𝘵-𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺-𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺-𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴-𝘴𝘮𝘶𝘵-𝘴𝘰-𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘴-𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵-𝘪-𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳-𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥-𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨-𝘪𝘵-𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦-𝘮𝘺-𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬-𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰-𝘪𝘵-𝘸𝘢𝘴-𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺-𝘺𝘦𝘴-𝘪-𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵-𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳-𝘣𝘶𝘵-𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘴-𝘱𝘶𝘵-𝘢-𝘱𝘪𝘯-𝘪𝘯-𝘪𝘵-𝘧𝘰𝘳-𝘯𝘰𝘸—
_____

When Y/N woke up, she saw light seeping through the curtain that led to the balcony. Moon was still with her, fast asleep. He held her tight, almost defensively. Y/N snuggled up closer to him, closing her eyes. This felt nice. She wished she could stay like this, she felt safe and protected. The lights in the room slowly faded on, transforming Moon into Sun, who turned on his side to look down at Y/N.

He pulled her up closer to him, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Morning, Sunshine," he spoke softly with a warm smile on his face. Y/N smiled, hugging him tight. "Morning Sun.. Haven't seen you in a while, have I?" It was more of a statement than a question. "Nope.. So I'm gonna give you all the attention you missed out on."

He buried his face in Y/Ns shoulder, nuzzling her neck. His foam rays tickled her as they spun on his head, making her giggle. "Sun, your rays-"

"Tickle? That's what I was going for." He smiled and spun his rays faster, making Y/N laugh more. He stopped and kissed her cheek, then again on her forehead, continuing to plant small pecks all over her face, which made her laugh even more.

Sun stopped and smiled softly at her, holding her face. "I wish I could keep you here, locked in my room, like a princess in a castle.. That way I could keep you all to myself."
Y/N smiled back at him. "Would you at least let me see my friends?"

"No," he buried his face in her shoulder again, muffling his 'no' slightly. "Aw, really? Not even one?"
Sun was silent for a second, then responded, "only when I'm with you."
He got up, picking Y/N up. He spun around, then pulled her into a hug. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, you know that, Sunshine?"

"What's with the nicknames?"

"Just something to let you know you're special to us, we wouldn't call 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 else by them.."
He held her close. Y/N did feel special to them, and she hoped they felt special to her. Sun sighed. "I wish we didn't have to keep this a secret.."

"It gives us more privacy."

"Yeah but also less time." He said sadly.
"Sun?"

“Yes?"

"What happened last night, at fazer blast?"
Sun didn't respond, seeming caught off guard. "Well.. Why don't you ask someone else, like Freddy about that.."
Y/N frowned. She guessed she would ask Freddy when he went to the stage during her break.

"I still wanna get as many of these as possible in before we have to go out," Sun said, kissing her head. Y/N smiled again, kissing him back. "I wish I could leave the pizzaplex with you when you clock out one night, and we don't have to come back, and we can just live happily."

"Aw, Sunny..." She held his face and looked at him sympathetically.
"There would be so many things we could do together then.." He continued.

"We could spend all of every day with each other, and it wouldn't just all be working. We could do everything we want to do together.. I want to run away with you, Y/N.."

"We both know that can't happen, Sun.."

"But I want it to! It's not fair.. Why can't we just leave and never come back, nobody would be able to stop us!"

"Lots of people would stop us.."

"It's not fair! I just want to be able to love you and live with you.."

"Well, you're already doing half of that, and that counts more than anything." She kissed his head, smiling at him. He heated up, but his angry expression didn't change as be stared off into the distance. Y/N hugged him tightly, laying her head on his shoulder. "Don't think about it too much."

Sun sighed and seemed to get a little less tense. He held Y/N back tightly, resting his head on her shoulder. "You're the only thing that grounds me and Moon, you know that?"

"As much as I love being that for you, you need something else, that's not me."

"Huh? Why?"

"What are you gonna do if I'm not there with you?"

"Not here? Are you going to leave?"

"What? No! No, of course not! It's just a hypothetical question.."
She was about to go on, but there was the sound of a kid landing in the ball pit. Y/N sighed. "We'll pick this up later, let's head down." She kissed his head one last time before they went down on the wire.   Sun stood next to her as she wrote down the kids names as they dropped in. There was a knock at the door, and Y/N looked up. She was about to set the clipboard down, but Sun put his hand on her shoulder, stopping her. "I'll get it."

Y/N nodded, and Sun walked over to the door. When he opened it, Jax immediately peered past his legs at Y/N. "Y/N!" He shouted her name excitedly pushing past Sun. Y/N looked up again, over at Jax. She smiled, and Jax jumped into a hug. Sal was already walking away when Sun looked back, so he looked to Y/N and Jax. He felt a strong sting of jealousy. His chest tightened, and his eyes started to hurt. He knew what was happening, but he wasn't used to fighting it..

Y/N set Jax down and looked at Sun. His eyes were growing a pink tint. She hurried to him and took his hands. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked, looking up at him worriedly. Sun looked down at her. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He opened his eyes, looking down softly at Y/N, his eyes no longer pink. "I'm fine, Sunshine, everythings fine."

He squeezed her hands, pulling them close to him. "I love you." He whispered, only loud enough for her to hear. He let go of her hands, walking towards the kids.