Chapter 1

chapter 1

It started on December 15 ,1882

Ellie Cook was turning thirteen a few days from now.

Her family was moving to a different state today.

Everything would change after this.

The halls of the school were less crowded then they had been 15 minutes ago. Ellie stood by her older sisters locker. Her sister had plain brown hair and dull gray eyes, she wasn't ugly, but she wasn't "pretty" like Ellie was. Ellie, as her family said, looked like an angel. Her hair was blond, shiny, and never got tangled. She had a clear complexion and never got her dresses dirty like Marrisol did when she was thirteen. In other words she was the perfect child. Marrisol grabbed her things and asked Ellie to shut her locker. Ellie said yes and peered into the metal locker. She started to close the locker, but stopped and opened the locker. She remembered when she was eight and Marrisol was 14 they had played hide and seek constantly, it was Ellie's favorite game. A thought flew into her head unexpectedly, maybe she should play hide and seek with Marrisol! It would be just like old times.  Ellie opened the door and sat in the cold, metal, locker waiting for her sister to come.

But she never did.

Ellie fell asleep, but she never woke up.

No one could find her.

If they had just looked in locker 113.