A/N : HI UM AM TRYING TO DO THE BEST I CAN SO ENJOY! UM THESE FEW CHAPTERS  LEAD BEFORE THE TREASURE HUNT!

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time. "That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?'' Pope states." Yea if you fall off that thing i say you have about a one-in-three chance of survival." I say. We were hanging out by a soon to be house. A kook area. "Should I do it?" John b says, trying to balance on one leg. "I'll shoot you on the way down." You'll shoot me?" "Yep. Pow!" Pope says while holding a drill.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie walks out the building. "Of course. Why wouldn't they? I mean they are rich" i state. "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" . Kie is all about saving turtles. I'll say she'll give up anything to make sure turtles are safe,". "Can you please not kill yourself?" She says after finally seeing Jb. "Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ says while sitting on top.

"Oh, shit." And just like that John b beer falls " Real smooth Routledge" I say " right when I tell you " JJ states. "Hey! Hey, uh, security's here." Pope says. "Let's wrap it up. Humpty Dumpty, let's roll." JJ says jumping off.

"Gary, is that you?" I yell " Good to see you man" JJ says. "Yea your asking for it " Kie says while laughing . "Get 'em! They're comin' your way!" "Hey! Stop!" Gary yells . " I GOT HER" the guard yells, trying to hold onto me. "Not much of a hugger!" I say running away laughing. "Go, Pope! Go! Go, go, go" JJ says as pope is getting up the floor after falling off the fence. At this point we're all laughing so hard. "Come here, you little pricks!" Yea the guard's definitely mad now.

"Bus is leaving" John b says driving away. "Check out Gary, going' for a raise. " I point out. "Come on, Gary!" JJ yells hyping him up. "Come guys you gonna give him a heart attack" Kie says. "You're so close! You can do it. There you go" JJ says. Tossing him a beer" They don't pay you enough bro" I say.

The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth. It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island. All right. This is Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the Kooks. So, guess where we don't live. And then, this is the south side or the cut.
Home of the working class who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters.

The natural habitat of... drumroll, please... the Pogues.That's us. Pogues, pogies, the throwaway fish. Lowest member of the food chain. Okay. So, the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected. But the upside of Pogue life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.

And that's JJ ,my best friend since the Second grade. My first love. I guess you can say we always been their for each other. Maybe even more. Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I said that he will forever say it. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-
holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat.

And that's Kiara, or Kie, as we call her. When not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. I'm not really sure why, though. She's a rich kid actually. Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. You know, I'm not really sure how her parents feel about us. I mean, both Pope and John b have a thing for her.

that's Pope, the brains of the operation... finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship.
And the smartest person I know. His father's this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get for you. Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us.

And finally that's John Booker Routledge.We mostly hang out at his place. An old fish shack on the marsh. The Château, as his dad used to call it.
Thats his Dad. He disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck. Who disappears at sea these days. But we both get along well, Both our parents are gone. We got Nothing to lose. He lets me stay here. He's like my older brother. But better and without the abuse.

Along the years we became a family. First it was JJ, John b , and I . Soon Pope joined And so did Kie. I couldn't be more grateful than I am today.

I was sleep close to JJ in the sofa when I heard John b calling. He was asking if we gone outside. JJ mumbles something and I can't even get my words out. Few minutes later JJ gets up. He gets up and shaking me gently awake. " Yo, y/n you Alive" I wake up with the view of a JJ and his blonde hair all over his face. I get up pushing some of his hair out hisface. He smiles and we head outside. "Oh shit" I say. "Agatha did some work, huh" JJ says. "Oh she definitely did" I say Turing my head towards his direction. "What you thinkin'?" He says to me. "I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze." I state. "All those drum are gonna chase the crab." John B tells us. JJ and John b get on the boat. JJ holds out his hand, I take it and get on. Just like that we're heading out for the rest of the crew.