The Past

ElARA BLACKTHORNE'S POV

I, Elara Blackthorne, am proud to proclaim myself as a loyal servant to her Royal Highness, whom I owe my undying gratitude for being my ultimate savior. Allow me to recount a tale of my past that once was as ordinary as anyone else's, filled with a loving family, caring friends, and the simple pleasures of life. It was a time when my days were spent in revelry and laughter, and my nights were serene and peaceful. However, little did I know that destiny had other plans for me, and a calamitous turn of events would transform my life in ways I could never have imagined.

I resided in a serene hamlet enveloped by a remarkably empathetic populace, a closely bonded band of individuals who exuded an unwavering spirit of benevolence and fellowship. Though the village was petite in size, it radiated a familial glow that extended far beyond its geographical limits. So deeply intertwined were we that we knew each other's identities and histories, and were sincerely invested in each other's holistic wellbeing.

There was something special about this community that went beyond the conventional definitions of friendship and family. The people there were genuinely concerned about each other's well-being, and this was evident in their day-to-day interactions. Whether it was lending a helping hand in times of need or simply offering a kind word to brighten someone's day, the residents of the hamlet exemplified the true meaning of compassion.

But life in the hamlet was no walk in the park. As with any closely-knit community, it encountered its fair share of difficulties and obstacles. Yet, what made our village unique was its steadfast ability to persevere through the toughest of times. Even when the going got rough, the villagers stood firm in solidarity, rallying together to brave the storm and ultimately emerging with greater strength and unity than ever before.

When I reflect on the nature of my kinship, I am immediately transported back to the cozy embrace of my childhood home. At the very heart of my family were three individuals who shaped my world in profound ways. My mother, with her gentle yet unwavering love, was the pillar of our household. My father, with his kind and caring nature, was always there to offer a comforting shoulder to lean on. And then, of course, there was my little brother, whose infectious joy and boundless energy could light up even the darkest of days.

Together, the four of us formed a tight-knit unit that was unbreakable in its love and support for one another. In the safety and security of our family, I found a sense of belonging that I have carried with me throughout my life. Every hug, every kiss, and every kind word shared between us reinforced the bonds of love and kinship that we shared.

And while we may not have had a large extended family to speak of, I never felt alone or lacking in any way. In fact, I considered every person in our small community to be my kin. Whether it was the friendly shopkeeper who always had a kind word to say or the neighbor who was always willing to lend a helping hand, I knew that I was surrounded by a web of love and support that extended far beyond the walls of my home.

However, all of it came crashing down at the hands of a notorious gang of bandits. It was a day like any other, with the sun beaming down on the rustic roofs and the birds chirping their sweet melodies in the background. We, the residents of our small, secluded village, had all gone about our daily tasks with the usual cheer and optimism that marked our community. But fate had other plans in store for us that day. In the blink of an eye, everything came crashing down, as a notorious gang of bandits descended upon our village like a swarm of locusts, leaving behind nothing but destruction and despair in their wake.

The tranquility of our village was shattered by the screams of women and children, the sound of breaking glass, and the sight of men being beaten and dragged away from their homes. Even to this day, the mystery of why they chose to target our secluded village remains unsolved. Despite our poverty and lack of material possessions, the one thing we cherished the most were the unbreakable bonds we shared. But alas, those foolish marauders stripped away everything I held dear - my cherished connections and the people who meant the world to me.