Chapter 5.

"Zayn?"

Chris called out before he reached the office. Zayn turned to face him. "Yeah, what's up?"

"You're letting Louis handle the lawsuit alone?" Chris asked.

Zayn smiled. "You're looking out for him?"

Chris smiled too, pocketing his hands. "As his mentor you should be there to support him. He is still a lamb in a wolf's world. Styles would thwart him and you're aware of that."

"Mh-mm." Zayn hummed. Chris knew of his relations with Harry. "Styles knew he was going head to head with us and never gave me heads up. He probably thought he would be facing me in there and he's not. And since he likes to know who he's facing beforehand and does not know Louis, he will be thrown off. And Louis is a wolf in the lamb's skin. He'll nail him."

Chris shook his head. "I would love to know what you talk about at home with Harry. That'll be interesting."

Zayn grinned. "We leave work at the door, Chris. But I always win."

Chris reached out to adjust Zayn's tie. "What were you up to on your lunch break your tie is askew?"

"My lunch break is unpaid for and what I do during it is none of your business, Christopher." Zayn smiled wickedly.  "Take your hands off me I feel violated."

"You are such a little shite." Chris said half heartedly. "Anyway there's dinner with the mayor tonight? I need you there."

The smile on Zayn's face was gone. "Hell no. I don't do schmoozing, Chris."

Especially with Victoria's father. What if she's there? Zayn was not a two faced person contempt will be written all over his face one he clocked eyes on her.

"Zayn, I need you there." Chris said putting his hands on Zayn's shoulders. "The mayor wants to talk to our firm about something important. He said he can only tell me in the security of his own home. Perhaps let's talk about this in my office. Come on."

Zayn followed him to the office, shut the door before taking a seat. "Do I really have to go?"

"Styles can come to. He's a lawyer and knows how confidentiality works." Chris said.

"I'm not talking about that, Chris. What if Victoria is there?" Zayn said firmly. "That's my problem."

Chris was his confidante. The person he tells things even Niall don't know about. He told him about Harry and Victoria. Their past. And how he loathes Victoria.

"This is a business meeting I doubt she'll be there." Chris's attention shifted to someone approaching his glass walled office. It was Louis.

Zayn turned his head following Chris's gaze. He smiled seeing Louis. "Ask him out. He likes you too."

"Shut it." Chris then gestured Louis to come in. "Hey, Tomlinson, is it done?"

Louis smiled nodding. "I got the deal. No expulsion. No money. The mom is happy and promise her child would be back in school as early as tomorrow."

"Tomorrow is Saturday, Louis." Zayn said chuckling. "But well done. I knew you would be great."

"You helped nail the deal." Louis said. "But um, Zayn, the lawyer, Styles wants to have a word with you."

"Oh. Okay." Zayn could see through the glass walled office Harry looking at him with an angry look. "Chris, I have to miss the dinner. Sorry." He said getting up.

"Zayn, you can't. The mayor needs our counsel and I need my best man there with me. I am pulling rank and saying you're coming. No argument. A car will pick you up at seven. Be ready."