5

───── ❝ In the Arms of an Omega ❞ ─────

Taehyung leaned back in his seat, deep in thought. "If the killer is seeking revenge, then it's possible they have a connection to Titan's Keep. Maybe they were once a resident or knew someone who lived there."

Jungkook rose a brow, considering what Taehyung had suggested, "So you think the killer could be hiding in Titan's Keep?"

It was all very unfitting. Taehyung knew it was not the time to jump to conclusions. So normally, he would've just organised his thoughts and waited for more leads. But after heating his brain in a very misleading first case, and all the stress, all he wanted was to end it quickly. So anything, any little clue would do. 

Taehyung nodded, "It's a possibility. We should head there and see if we can find any clues."

Jungkook glanced at his watch, "It's almost dawn. We can wait until the sun raises. I can give my eyes some sleep," he yawned in the middle of the sentance. And watching him, Taehyung's eyes suddenly felt heavy too. 

Taehyung nodded in agreement, "But we'll need to do some research on Titan's Keep before we go in. We don't want to get lost in there."

They paid the bill, and booked two rooms for each of them in the same small hotel. Taehyung trudged towards his room, dragging his feet with exhaustion. The door creaked as he pushed it open, revealing a small dimly-lit room with  a tiny bathroom, a small bed in the corner with a worn-out mattress, a rickety table, and an old wooden chair. The walls were painted in a fading shade of yellow, and the paint was chipped in some places. The carpet had seen better days, and a musty odor lingered in the air.

Taehyung dropped his bag on the floor, and collapsed onto the bed with a heavy sigh. The exhaustion of the past 24 hours hitting him like a ton of bricks. His body ached, and his eyes felt heavy as he tried to fight off the urge to sleep. He checked his phone for messages, but there were none.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, letting the quiet of the room envelop him. He was too tired to even change his clothes, and that reminded him that he wasn't prepared to stay at night. But he was sure that anything, he'd take care of it after having a good sleep. 

He tried to push away thoughts of the murders and the case, and instead focused on the sound of his own breathing. Gradually, his mind slowed down, and he drifted off into a deep sleep.

However, in the middle of his slumber, he was abruptly awoken by the sound of loud protests and shouting coming from the room beside his.

Taehyung groggily rubbed his eyes, sitting up on the bed as the noise grew louder. He could hear a group of people shouting in unison, the sound of someone pounding on a nearby door, cursing, their voices echoing down the hallway. 

As he got closer to the door, the sour taste of slumber still in his mouth, he could hear more muffled voices until it became completely silent. He peered through the peephole, only to see a desserted hallway with flickering lights.