CH.1- Starting point

" Ugh..."

The sun rays passed through the curtains as a breeze of air flew inside the dark room. The only source of light is the sun coming in through the window. The sounds of a vehicle's engine and people going about their own business outside start to get louder as the man on the bed begins to regain his consciousness. His eyes slowly opened as he felt lightheaded, letting out a small groan, scratching the back of his head. Sitting down on the bed, he looked down on himself as he noticed dried blood stains on his white long sleeve polo, most of which were on his left arm where his sleeve was covered in dried blood.

"Shit..."

He mumbled to himself with a hint of irritation in his voice as he began to get out of bed. Once he stood up, setting his foot down, he saw a pool of blood on the floor. It started to form an undescribable, strong scent of blood. He approached the table besides his bed, opening the drawer as he grabs the small notebook along with a pen. As he opens it. Flipping the pages as he stops and wrote..

" Death #27.. I've died 27 Times, I can't quite recall the entire scene, but right now I want to vomit. My left arm is aching a little. The side of my neck hurts a bit; I can feel a bit of a sting on it. I think the guy slashed my throat, causing me to lose an insane amount of blood.; I believe it was severed last night by a fucker I ran into. He may have known I was still alive and that I am a Mysthadian, though I believe he is still present. I'd be fucked for real if someone had seen me stumbling back to my apartment with a missing arm.."

He wrote then placed the notebook back down inside the drawer. He walks up to the bathroom besides his bedroom door, opening the cabinet as he reaches for the bottle of bleach. The bottle dropped down on the floor as he realized the bottle was empty. He scratched the back of his neck with a small scoff, turning himself to the side as he looked at himself in the mirror with his messy ashy light brown hair. He began to unbutton his polo, exposing his bare chest as he grabbed the comb and fixed his hair, styling it at the side.

"This looks like I've committed a murder..."

After several minutes of cleaning himself, removing the blood stain on his skin that leaks out from his polo, he went outside the bathroom, going back to his room as he opened up his wardrobe, changing into his gray shirt and black pants as he put his wallet inside his pocket. He seems like he's about to head out of his apartment as he grabs his keys and opens up the door, immediately getting out of his place and locking his door, leaving the bloody mess hanging in his apartment.

10 AM, walking in a busy city with loud people chattering as they continue their business by the sidewalks. Austine's one of them. His hands were in his pockets as he headed towards a nearby convenience store. As soon as he got inside the store, the cashier greeted him with the same old smile that he always wears.

"Austine! I knew you'd come. What brings you here?" The man at the counter asked as he watched Austine enter his store with his same apathetic expression on his face. 

"Just some cleaning tools.. bleach would do." He spoke in a low tone, heading toward the cleaning products in the aisle as he grabbed two gallons of bleach along with a face mask and headed over the counter, placing the items on the counter. 

"Hm... Cleaning some stuff, huh? You're still in that part-time job? You seem desperate for money, boy." The cashier spoke as he began to scan the items. Austine took out his wallet as he watched him scan the products. "Yeah, I don't really have anything to do in the daytime, so a part-time job would be helpful for getting some extra cash." He lied about the context of his statement, handing out the cash to the cashier as he paid for his items.

Not so long after a woman enters the store, getting both guys' attention as the door opens. A lady with a brunette cropped hairstyle went to the beverage aisle of the store as the cashier glared at Austine with a knowing smirk, giving him a gentle pat on the shoulder as he leant in and whispered. Austine raised a brow as he listened to him, his eyes narrowing at the woman next to the cashier. "That's the lady I'm talking about.. come on, don't lose your chance here, pal'."