Chapter 10

In the night I hear em talk

The coldest story ever told

Somewhere far along this road

He lost his soul

To a woman so heartless

Heartless -Kanye West

______________________________________

After the fight, Lily went inside the school but noticing Aneesa was nowhere in sight.

"Fuck." Lily whispered to herself and immediately went to look for Paxton.

She found him sitting in his usual spot outside, hanging with his friends.

"Sup Lily." Trent gave her a nod.

She smiled in return but quickly turned to face Paxton.

"You okay?" Paxton asked noticing her frustrated expression.

"Devi started the rumor about Aneesa, I've looked everywhere but Aneesa isn't here." Lily said with her expression changing to a worried one.

"Shit, you were right." Paxton sighed.

"Of course I was, now can you please come with me to check on Aneesa?" Lily asked.

"Okay, let's go." Paxton said getting up and bidding a goodbye to his friends.

Lily and Paxton got in his car and began to drive to Aneesa's house.

As they were driving Paxton's phone started ringing, he got it from his pocket and answered.

"What's up?" Paxton asked as he was holding the phone by his ear.

Lily watched closely as his facial expression changed to shock.

"Holy shit." He sighed out.

"Where'd you here that?" He asked.

As the call went on, after another minute or two, he put the phone down.

"Someone beat up Devi this morning." He said turning towards Lily.

"Oh-" Lily said looking anywhere but him.

"Lily, did you do it?" Paxton asked glancing between her and the road.

"You know, you should really clean your car, it's a mess." Lily said looking out the window.

"Lily, why the fuck would you do that?" Paxton asked more frustrated this time.

"Because Paxton, Aneesa is my best friend and Devi needed to be taught a lesson." She said with just as much frustration as Paxton.

"You shouldn't have done that." He said gripping the steering wheel.

Lily just gave him a glare.

"Paxton, she said shit about Aneesa!" Lily said loudly.

"Devi has been through a lot, Lily." Paxton said raising his voice.

"Everyone goes through shit! That's no excuse to start a rumor about someone!" Lily yelled.

Paxton just stayed quiet.

"Why do you keep defending her?" Lily starts up again.

"I don't fucking know, Lily!" Paxton yelled back.

There's a tense silence that follows upon the two teens as they drive.

"Just drop me off at Aneesa's place and go back to school." Lily said quietly.

"Fine." He says with gritted teeth.

As they pull up to her place, Lily gets out the car and slams the door.

Maybe that's a bit dramatic.

I don't really care though.

Paxton drove off and Lily knocked on the door.

"Lils?" Aneesa said opening the door with a tear stained face.

Lily said nothing and immediately hugged Aneesa.

Aneesa started sobbing on her shoulder.

"Okay, c'mon. I've got a whole bunch of snacks in my bag and to make you feel better." Lily smirked.

"Maze runner marathon?" Lily smirked.

Aneesa cracked a smile and led Lily up to her room, where they got all the snacks and put the first movie on.

In the midst of watching, Lily wondered if she should ask about today.

"So, can I ask how you found out it was Devi?" Lily said sitting up from her laying position.

"Well, I was talking about it with them at the sleepover and Devi just confessed I guess." Aneesa said opening a chocolate bar.

"I'm sorry Aneesa, if it makes you feel any better," Lily paused.

"I kinda, beat her up at school today." Lily said sheepishly.

Aneesa smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you, honestly." Aneesa said pulling back.

"It's nice to know someone has my back." Aneesa smiled looking down.

"Always." Lily smiled back.

"Now," Aneesa started.

"Back to maze runner." She stated turning back to the TV.

a/n: its been a hot minute. BUT IM BACKKKK. I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!!!

slay through the day💋

sorry for any spelling errors! xx