The moment we meet.

"Go on, just ask him already!" I exclaim excitedly as a slight voice crack follows my sentence.

"Jesus, calm down! OK,OK I'll go ask him, just don't look, it makes me nervous!" Leilani says before I push her towards Brody. Brody is Leli's crush, and has been since we were in 6th grade. Even though she told me not to watch her, of course I'm going to. I mean what type of a best friend would I be if I didn't!? As I watch Leilani slowly walk towards Brody, I notice Brody's best friend standing next to him watching Leli as she approaches. They both stare at her, Brody's friend in confusion, and Brody with a wide smirk on his face. Oh, I forgot to mention that he has also liked her since 6th grade as well. They just never really had the courage to ask each other out. Luckily, there was a school dance that was coming up, so I told Leli to take up the opportunity. Back to the present time, I watch Leilani and Brody greet each other and she tells Brody's mysterious friend if they can have a moment together. He just ends up walking away without saying a word, but then I realize he's heading towards me? I have always found him attractive, I just felt like it would be weird if I started hanging out with my best friend's, crushes, best friend. Say that 10 times in a row. Anyway, the funny thing is, I don't actually know his name. I start to panic as he comes my way, with his big brown eyes, and rosy lips and cheeks.

"Hey, Brenda, right?" he says in a calming voice. The other funny thing is, I never really heard his voice either. I kind of get startled at his deep tone of voice, but it sounds nice.

"Yea, and uhm you are..?"
"Rhemy"

~hm, unique name, and a cute one~ I think to myself kind of in a wowed way. The way I feel while he is in my presence, is just so relaxing. It feels like we just click.

"So uhm, what does your friend want to talk to Brody about?" he asks with the same confused look he had on his face when Leilani started to walk over to them.

I told him that Brody can tell him later, I don't really want to tell him if Leli didn't want me to.

"Secretive, I like that."

I stare at him wide-eyed trying to comprehend what he said. That's probably the most attractive thing I have heard him say, even though he's only said about roughly 30 words to me since I've known his name.

I just kind of chuckled, pretending like I wasn't falling in love with him by the second. We stand near my locker for a few minutes, our eyes on Leli and Brody like they are our prey. They are taking a really long time, and I'm getting nervous for her. After what seems like an eternity, she starts to head back in my direction with a huge smile on her face and an even bigger smirk on Brody's face.

She giggles and turns to Rhemy to say

"Can I please speak with Brenda?" with a smile going to her ears the whole time.

"Another person that you need to talk to, go right ahead." he says as he walks away, eyes every ounce of my body.

"What's up with him?"

"I don-" I tried to say until I was rudely interrupted.

"Anyway, guess what, BRODY SAID YES!" she says, which follows up with a squeal, connected hands, and us jumping up and down as if we were little kids.

How could I be mad at her for interrupting me when she didn't get rejected for the first time?! I forgot to mention, she hasn't had the best lover life history, every person she has been with either had really greasy hair, or smelt horrible, some even had both the stench and grease. I think that was the universe telling her to make her move on Brody. But, to be fair, my love life hasn't been the best either. I am a sophomore in high school and I still have not dated anyone in my entire life. Nobody really likes me like that, or knows me for that matter. Leilani is pretty popular, so the only way people know me is "the short girl that hangs out with Leilani". When we stop jumping, I ask for all the details. As she is spilling everything out of her mouth in one big word, I see Rhemy out of the corner of my eye, staring at me and whispering to Brody.

The words "Secretive, I like that" replay in my head, wondering if it applies for me too.

Gosh, am I starting to develop a crush?