Chapter 3: News Travel

The holy land of Mary Geoise currently held a crucial meeting between the Navy officials and the Seven Warlords of the Sea. Although, for one side of the coin, on the pirate's side, such arrangements were utterly dull. Hence why only two of the Seven Warlords of the Sea bothered to attend. Don Quixote Doflamingo, and Bartholomew Kuma. Each one was ruthless, vicious and brilliant in one way. Yet, filled with arrogance and power. One of them, Doflamingo, was a clear example of this. He played around with his Devil Fruit power, forcing two marines to fight each other for his entertainment.

"Hey! Stop! What are you doing?!"

"I-I can't stop my body!"

Doflaming chuckled, half-bored and half-amused. He noticed Vice-Admiral Tsuru just sighing, too old for her to deal with such a young child. Nevertheless, he would stop soon when it bored him as well.

"Doflamingo, you bastard! This is your doing! Stop it at once!"

Doflamingo chuckled at the unknown marine's gall to demand anything from him. "Then start talking already, or I'll end this lousy get-together!" He smiled and laughed, although there was a lingering warning underneath his tone of voice. He moved his fingers more, and the marine officers soon began to pull his swords out. Those marine officers clearly don't know how to use Haki or even fight. Officers, children of highborn families who paid their way up. Doflamingo has seen so many of them. Corrupt, easily frightening and easily bought.

The real marines were out on the sea. These were stuck in offices, drinking and eating. Doflamingo hated them, arrogant, a lot of them. Even more than him. But they were entertaining enough for him to not get bored.

"Enough!"

Doflamingo then smiled at the new person arriving at the meeting. "Doflamingo, don't be a fool. Did you come here to start a war?" Sengoku, the Fleet Admiral of the Navy, spoke with a warning tone.

Doflamingo only chuckled as he left alone those two poor marines. "There, happy?"

Sengoku scoffed. "Pardon my late arrival. But at the same time, thank you for coming, scum of the sea."

"Oh, my. Listen to the big-shot talk..."

Kuma closed his bible and quietly sat down on his chair, ignoring Doflaming entirely. However, the Dressrosa king noticed something different in his colleague. Kuma looked less friendly than before. And seemed rather stiffly walking, almost as if he was in pain or if he had something on him. Not many would see those little things. But Doflamingo did, but he kept quiet about his suspicions.

"Let us begin. I don't want to spend more time with scum like you than I should. Besides, I doubt any more will come."

Sengoku stated, knowing that currently. Boa Hancock would definitely only come if she had no other choice. And that Gecko Moria and Jimbei were now off the radar and had a hard time finding them. Nevertheless, they were more pressing matters.

"Two out of six is better than I expected."

"I bet," Doflamingo replied, sitting almost mockingly on the table. "I didn't plan to come either. But my island's business is going so well... that I didn't have much to do. However, I am a bit interested in someone in particular."

Doflamingo chuckled, and Sengoku frowned deeply.

"I see. That's disconcerting to hear. Nothing is as depressing to us as a booming pirate industry," Sengoku drawled, mocking in sarcasm. "But shouldn't you should be worried? Your family doesn't seem particularly smart or capable."

Doflamingo laughed the jab at him. "You're quite the loudmouth," Doflamingo replied, twisting his fingers around. He wasn't about to clash with the Fleet Admiral. He wasn't an idiot. But he wasn't one to take insults openly against his crew members.