Gravity Falls- Home

((warning: a bit sad.))

It was a normal day at the Mystery Shack, the customers coming in on their way to some other place and buying souvenirs on the way out. Mabel was used to all of this, but her heart still hurt whenever she saw two parents with their young child. one day Dipper noticed and asked what was wrong but Mabel just smiled and waved it off as usual, though she was melancholy the rest of the day. at the end of the day everyone had noticed. Grunkle Stan was the one to confront her about it.

He had taken the small girl by the shoulders in the main room where everyone could hear and see before asking, "Mabel, you've been acting a bad type of weird all day, what's wrong? You can trust us."

Mabel looked at her grunkle's and everyone else's worried faces. She didn't want to say anything but she knew if she didn't it might not end well, so she took a deep breath and confessed, "It's just.... I keep seeing these happy families, and don't get me wrong! I love you guys and I know you love me! It's just....."

Before she could continue she burst into tears, resulting in Wendy coming closer and holding her close. Everyone was confused, all except Dipper.

He knew exactly what was going on, and he began to explain, "It's our parents. They didn't want us, well they wanted me until I stopped throwing a football and started reading when I was 3. "We just wanted an athlete son, not stupid twins!" that's what they would yell every time we did something wrong. Our only escape was when we were sent off to some relative's house every summer where we were at least just ignored. That's what we expected here. No calls, no interaction with people, nothing, just doing our usual thing in our room. That is...."

Wendy was catching on faster than Soos or Stan and knew what he was going to say, so she said it for him, "Until you came here and were treated like part of the family."

Her statement was confirmed by Dipper and Mabel nodding. Before either could do anything Wendy pulled them both into a hug, followed by Soos and Grunkle Stan once Wendy got ahold of his hand to drag him in.

After a bit Mabel spoke again, "Do you think our parents love us?"

Stan frown at the question, but still answered, "I don't know, but all of us here do and we will fight for you if letting you go means you go through that soggy toast."

The twins smiled at the answer and nodded.

For the first time in forever they knew what Home felt like, and they never wanted to loose it.