Fixing Feelings

~Jack's POV~

I drove to the top of the hill. The place where it happened.

The place I experienced my first broken heart.

I'm not exactly sure why I had the intuition to go there, but I somehow knew that Jenn had come here plenty of times after the event.

I parked in an area covered by trees and saw her car parked close ahead. I got out and took the steep trek towards the top.

"You do realize you did this to yourself, right?" I said a turned back, sitting on the largest of the rocks.

"I always am the one who hurts myself." Jenn said weakly.

I went over to her and, against my will to not give into pitying, hugged her tightly. She was my best friend after all, with or without this drama.

"So this is what you felt like, huh?" She turned to face me.

"For a little while. I knew that love was painful when it only went one way, but I decided that love could also be happy when both people influenced by it reciprocate the feeling. So that's why I was able to move on from you."

"I wish I could do that, but I keep getting hurt."

"That's because you don't know where to look, more specifically who to look for. Your feelings are broken and circling in the pain you want to get away from, whereas mine knew where to avoid in order to progress on their way to happiness. "

This made her cry harder than she already seemed to be, and I could not do anything else but sit there. The silence between us lasted for quite some time, until Jenn finally spoke again.

"Do you have feelings for her?"

The lump in my throat started to grow. If she was talking about Ell, of course I did, but I didn't want to make another mess of myself. And they were best friends, and girls liked to spread this kind of stuff among themselves. But I guess love is always worth the risk.

"Yes I do."

She giggled lightly. "What the heck are you still here for then, you should be telling her about this right now."

"Well I know she's the girl I like, but I also have to be here for you. You're my best friend, and I can't let our friendship go too."Jenn looked away from me and breathed out loudly.

"Listen, I know I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but go! You guys both have a connection obviously, and it would be nice to see my two best friends together. Just make this move Jack, please. I will find a way to fix my feelings, I promise."

I nodded and gave her a hug and then got up to leave.

I was going to hopefully going to be holding the girl I had been so in love with recently in my arms in the next hour.

Hi! I hope this was decent:) I feel like the timeline is messed up but oh well sorry haha.

Also it's summer! That means that I will be updating this story along with my others pretty frequently from now on! Yay!

LASTLY, I updated my social networks and such, so it would be great if you checked them out! I will add my instas later when I sort them out:)