Chapter 5

#BLWCwp

You're fucking stuck with me.

The first time she felt excitement whenever she thought about Viol, was when they celebrated Halloween together. They were still a month into the arrangement at that time. Both wanted fun, with no strings attached. She wouldn't and couldn't forget that day. They talked and talked and talked until morning, both wearing the costumes they ordered together online. After that, she unconsciously started looking forward to seeing him.

The first time Viol realized that he was falling for the bratty, golden-skinned, and sassy girl from fashion design, was when she accidentally punched him in the face. That was the time when both of them went inside a horror house because of a bet. She could still vividly remember that Viol won the bet, the reason why she needed to go inside the horror house with him. A lady in white suddenly appeared out of nowhere and she punched him—in the jaw. They spent the whole night putting ice packs on his then-swollen cheek.

Months ago, both of them knew they weren't ready for a relationship. They only wanted the fun and the thrill without feeling holding them back. So they both decided to push through the arrangement.

Now, facing each other on the bed, no one spoke. The two were just staring at each other, their eyes speaking a language only they could understand. They were both challenging each other to speak.

But Viol was frustrated, and Zaanja was nervous.

"Sweetheart," Viol whispered. "What's making you nervous?" He said it in a soothing voice to ease Zaanja's nervousness.

"Can you give me a minute? I'm really trying my best to form the right words." Zaanja breathed and closed her eyes.

Viol leaned on the headboard and grabbed her waist, making her straddle him. Even though he was frustrated and curious about what Zaanja was thinking, Viol tried to ease her nervousness by massaging her waist.

"Okay," He nodded and waited for her to be comfortable enough to tell him what she wanted to say. It was always like this. Whenever Zaanja wanted a minute to gather her thoughts, Viol would always try his best to help her soothe whatever she was feeling. He was always very willing to do this, even in the next years.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you," Viol raised both his brows when Zaanja started to speak. "I just couldn't tell you what I was feeling."

"And what is it, Sweetheart?" Viol started running his palms on both of Zaanja's thighs. It may not show, but he was also fucking nervous about where this conversation was going. He wasn't scared at all. All he could feel at that moment was awe and excitement. He thought, that this was it.

"I just..." It was new to Viol, the way Zaanja couldn't form the right words. The girl knew what she fucking wanted, so it was rare for her to stutter and be at a loss for words. This side of her, nevertheless, made him want her more.

"I just realized how I'm so...so in love with you." Zaanja blurted, which made her cheeks heat and her heart race. On the other hand, Viol couldn't breathe because of how fast his chest was pounding, not that it wasn't already racing the second they got home. He wanted to say something but he waited for Zaanja to continue. "I got scared, that's why the only thing I thought of was to avoid you for a while." She sighed and he wanted so much to just kiss her right then and there.

"Why are you scared?" He said softly, drawing circles on her thighs. Zaanja unconsciously caressed his chest—distracting him. Fuck him.

"I was scared to say it because maybe it was too soon or maybe it'll hurt me." Zaanja sighed and leaned on his chest, both their hearts beating so fast and loud.