~ Chapter 2 - A Certain Finding. ~

!Content Warning!

.  .  .

(1st) [REDACTED] POV:

I sighed as I leaned against the wall and lowered my head to look at the floor.
Maybe, just maybe, this can get better. But as far as I've seen, nothing can. I miss them, I miss them a lot. The creator has damned us all into this position, a position of nothing but suffering. It's terrible, really, but there's not anything we can do to fix it. Not anymore.
Those thoughts have been haunting my head for as long as I've been 'banished' from the place I called home. They made us leave the only place we felt safe and happy at. Nothing we can do to return all of that, though.

Suddenly, a familiar voice called out to me, pulling me out of my more emotional state and thoughts.
"Hey, bossman, you alright?"
The voice inquired with their usual laid-back tone of voice. I looked up at the one who asked the question and saw the one who I expected to be there. Who could not recognise him from the mere voice? Well, I guess the ones who haven't really got to know him or who don't even know he exists.

"Yeah, I'm fine, no worries."
I responded, standing up straight and taking a deep breath to move all the negative thoughts and emotions out of the way back to the corner of my mind.
"You need anything, ###?"
I then asked, my usual, small smile back on my face. ### makes an expression as if lightly startled, but his expression returned to what it normally is like.

"Oh, right- Yeah. Can you come with me to check around the Pizzaplex in case of another 'scrapped' animatronic?"
He answered, before adding a few more words to his speech.
"The others don't have time to go right now"
He finished.

I thought about it for a moment.
I mean, I don't have anything else to do, so-
"Yep, sure, I can go with you"
Was how my reply sounded, ###'s smile lightly brightened, seemingly thankful for not having to go alone.
I'm not even going to blame him for that, if there's an animatronic there, it would be a pain to carry it all the way back here alone.

"Let's go, then?
I asked, it being more of a rhetorical question instead of a normal one. I then started heading to the exit but stopped walking when I was a small amount ahead of ### to the way of the exit. He nodded and started walking behind me, so I started walking as well.

We both left the building and started heading to the Pizzaplex, it was quite a long walk, since the building we, quote on quote, 'live' in is pretty far away from the Pizzaplex, in the middle of some random forest. This had always been a, usually, daily thing of ours, two of the members of our small little... Cult? Gang? Group? However you'd like to call it - two of us go to see if there are any thrown-away animatronics from the Pizzaplex. Sometimes we didn't have time to do so though, since we can get pretty busy, causing us to not go to the Pizzaplex for a day or more.

After a while of walking, we finally arrived near the Pizzaplex. We didn't really go directly to the front exit, just in case someone sees us. We usually sneak around the place, always checking the back alleyway, since for some reason, the workers and owner of this place just absolutely adore throwing 'scrapped' animatronics/robots back there.

So, that's what we did, we snuck around, eventually arriving at the alleyway. We spoke to each other about some random things, as we got caught up in a small non-serious argument, leading to talking about other topics.

Suddenly, ### paused both talking and walking and glared right ahead at the end of the alleyway. Which, I, of course, noticed, and instantly caught up to the signs, looked at the spot ### was looking at, and, of course, saw what I had expected. I sighed and stepped closer to the thrown-away robot. I was, and still am, used to this, and considering the reputation of this animatronic, I and the others knew it was soon until the workers and owner decided on this.

I attempted to activate the robot and, of course, it didn't turn on. I glanced closer at the left-over broken parts on the robot, and, obviously enough, it was even more broken than the previous one. They're catching up to what we're doing. It was still, at least I thought, not broken enough to be unfixable.

### then spoke out to me about the subject of the robot.
"Is it still fixable?"
He questioned. He was standing next to me, looking down at the robot whilst I was kneeling to match the sitting robot's height as close as I could without making it look awkward.
"Yep, there are probably going to be a lot of parts that I won't be able to fully fix, it's gonna be mainly appearance though, I think."
I replied with a small sigh, to which ### nodded.

"Can you help me carry him to the house?"
I asked though it was an obvious answer, and I knew it.
"Yeah, of course"
He answered and kneeled next to me, we both picked the robot up and started carrying it to the house.

It's getting harder and harder to fix these, the workers break each following one even more. I hope nobody else falls victim to this, the next one I might not be able to fix it at all.