Chapter 1

WARNING: This story contains foul language, adult content, illegal use of drugs, and under aged and over use of alcohol. If you do not like this type of story, I suggest you don't read this story!

Happy Reading :)

Harry 15 years old

Melana 14 years old

Harry's POV

"She's my best friend, mum, nothing more. I promise. I dont want to date at this age." I told my mom, for the fifth time. She never believes me, though. She says that she sees the way we act around each other, that she swears we're 'more than friends.' No mom. You're actually wrong.

I finished my dinner and ran up the steps, skipping two at a time, ignoring my mums calls for me. I grab my phone off my bed and call my best friend. After two rings, she finally picks up.

"Hello?" she sounded as if she were crying.

"Melana, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing Harry, I'm fine, just leave it." I know her better than that.

"Melana, you and I both know that's not true, you ca-" I was cut off mid sentence

"Harry, I said just fucking leave it." and with that, the line went dead. She never swears especially at me, ever. Something's wrong. I ran down the steps, almost falling on the last one.

"Harry, slow down. Where are you going?" my mother stopped me and asked.

"I uh gotta go help Louis with his homework. I'm just gonna ride my bike to his house." I lied, halfway out the door already.

I run to my bike, and ride as fast as I can down the road. Her and I both lived out in the country, so there wasn't too many cars I would accidentally hit. Melana lives about two blocks from my house. Melana. What the hell happened? The more I worried, the faster I went. I finally got to her house, and rode up her long driveway. Her parent's car is gone, meaning she's home alone. I put my bike to the side and jogged up to the house, trying to keep my nerves down. The last time Melana cried was last year when she found her dad with another women. Her father made sure she kept it secret, making sure she never told anyone by threatening her. Beating her until she agreed. I cringed at the thought of it. Remembering her coming up to my room, tear stains down her face. We have been really close ever since we were like 4. Well when I was 4, she was 3 then. I'm a year ahead of her. She's like a sister to me. I can't stand seeing her hurt.

I get to her door, and barging through it. I run upstairs to her room, finding it empty. I stand still, trying to listen for her.

"Melana!!?" I shout, not hearing a response. I heard a crashing sound behind me, scaring the shit out of me. Turning quickly, I saw what caused the noise. Melana's cat, Toby. Damned cat. Where the hell is she? Then I thought, of course! God Harry, fooking idiot. When we were little, we always played hide 'n' seek together. She would always hide in this one spot I could never find her.

I climbed through her window and onto the roof. Finding her lying with a blanket, her back facing me. I was able to hear soft sobs coming from her. I walked over to her, she still hasn't noticed my presence. I crouched down next to her and softly ran my fingers through her hair. She jumped at my touch, and quickly turned, relaxing when she noticed it was me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I came here because I was worried about you. Why are you crying?" I asked gently.

"I don't need you always checking up on me, Harry. I can take care of myself!" she got up and started walking towards the window to go back inside the house