Chapter 2

Harry 17 years old

Melana 16 years old

Melana's POV

I grabbed my school bag and hopped out of his car.

"I've got it" he offered. Before I could object, Harry took my bag out of my hand and slung it around his shoulder. We walked together up to my front door.

"I'll text you later, okay?" he asked.

"Sounds good."

Harry enveloped me in a hug, burying my face in his neck. We stayed folded in eachothers arms until he pulled away and handed me my bag back.

"Bye Lanie!"

"Bye!" I watched him run off to his car and drive off.

I turned around and walked through the door to my house. I noticed when Harry and I drove up my driveway that my parent's car was gone, but I didn't really mind it much. I set my bag down on a chair in the kitchen and grabbed a soda out of the refrigerator.

I turned and noticed there was a note on the kitchen counter. I picked it up and read it,

'

'Dear Melana,

We're very sorry, but we left. We hated where we lived and we needed to get away, we are staying in an apartment in the US and we are going to buy a house there. You are staying with grandma. We packed up and left this morning. Just remember it was for our NEEDS.

We love you very much,

Love,

Mom and Dad.'

What the actual fuck. Yeah you fucking love me so much you left me all alone. Love you too I guess. I burst into tears. What was I supposed to do? I did the first thing I could think of, and called Harry. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Harry they're gone, they're not coming back" I screamed into the phone "They left me" I said in a small voice and sunk down the wall and cried.

"What are you talking about, who's gone?"

"My parents, they moved to America" I sniffled.

"Shhh shh settle down, I'll be there in a bit." with that he hung up.

I stayed where I was, slumped up against the wall with my face in my hands. I felt myself being lifted, I looked up to see it was Harry, he was carrying me bridal style. I must have been lost in my own thoughts and tears, because I didn't even hear him come in. I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried into his chest while he carried me.

"Hey, hey its gonna be alright." he tried to comfort me.

He carried me to the couch and sat down. He set me down on his lap and held me tightly to his chest. I cried and cried into his chest until all my tears were gone. He didn't say anything to me, which was smart. He knew all I needed was to cry. He just held me close and ran his fingers through my hair.

Harry's POV

I was pissed to say the least. What kind of parents leave their child on their own? Especially Melana. How could they do that to her?

I held her close to me, whispering reassuring messages in her ear. She started to calm down a bit, so I broke the silence.

"Did they say anything about where you would be staying?"

"They said I would stay with my grandma."

"You know you're welcome to stay with me if you want, you know I don't mind."