⎯⎯ ୨ 𝕬 𝕽𝖊𝖉 𝕯𝖆𝖍𝖑𝖎𝖆 ୧ ⎯⎯

''Damian, please listen-''

A sudden wave of betrayal hit him, she had left him, nothing would change that, she had time to tell Becky, hadn't she? She left him, with no goodbyes, no see you laters, nothing.

He had always known that. Hadn't he? Yes. But now she was right there in front of him, she would try to make an excuse for why she left him out of nowhere.

He couldn't take it. Damian never felt like this before, not when he found out about his Father's secret, not when he had been arrested, not when the people he had known all his life had left him and his brother to rot.

No matter what he said before, he always deep down knew why they had done it.

But in Anya's case, he didn't understand why.

She never wanted him for status and money, that had been clear.

It never seemed like she was just toying with his feelings for fun.

So why?

''No.''

He put on his mask. The one that concealed all emotion. Only business. The one he had inherited from his Father.

''Sy-on Boy, please.''

No. He refused to succumb to listening to her. No matter how much he wanted to. No matter how much his heart yearned to hug her and forget anything bad that had ever happened to him.

''Would you like a piercing or a tattoo, do you have any idea about what you would like?'' Damian said indifferently.

''Please, please listen.''

''Ma'am, if you do not want anything then I'm going to have to ask you to leave.''

''Ma'am? What happened to shrimpy? Or Stubby-legs?'' Anya said, refusing to back down.

''If you cannot work with me then I can call my brother to help you instead.''

Anya's piercing green eyes stared at him.

''You're not going to listen are you?''

He could have said a lot of things, but he decided to stay quiet.

''Fine then.'' Her face became passive but he didn't miss the murderous glint in her eyes.

''I just moved here, I'm opening a flower shop right next to this parlor. I just wanted to see my soon-to-be neighbors.'' Anya flashed an oh so sweet smile that did not match the look in her eyes.

''That's great. I hope your business goes well here.'' He said, still yielding no emotion.

''Right back at you!'' Flashing another pretty smile before exiting, her eyes still had the same deadly look he supposed she inherited from Mrs. Forger.

If looks could kill, Damian would be six feet under.

Anya's POV.

Frustration crawled inside of her. That stupid prideful idiot. He really lost all trust after his Father's loss, hadn't he?

''Stubborn fool.'' She rumbled under her breath as she made her way to the apartment her Father had bought just a few hours ago. The sky was a dirty gray, it would soon rain.

She had come all the way from Westalis to be here, just so she could meet him; she'd convinced her parents to drop the peaceful life they could have led in Hugaria just because she wanted to see him.

But he wouldn't even say her name, let alone let her explain.

She didn't need to read his mind to know he felt betrayed but that should have been forgiven the moment she left Westalis for him.

She was not going to give up on trying to get him back.

Damian POV.

She had been here.

She had had an explanation

She wanted to be with him.

But he refused.

He let her get away again.

Damian and Demetrius had closed for the night and were back in their small apartment.

He lay in bed, eyes wide open, unable to get the image of Anya in that dress out of his head.

She was there, but he was too prideful to let her explain.

He trusted her, that was the number one rule of friendship, right? One friend was supposed to trust the other.

But with his crush in the way, was their relationship really just a friendship?

What are you thinking Desmond? He mentally chided himself. Your relationship with Anya was completely platonic, ok well maybe not for you but for Anya you were nothing but a friend, and you ruined even that today.

Damian had never stood a chance had he?
He needed to apologize.