005; reggie mantle

five [ reggie mantle ]

five
[ reggie mantle ]

archie andrews had a plan. after the assembly, he was going to go and find violet and apologize for everything.

he stood at his locker, waiting for her since he overheard betty telling violet that her locker was next to his. he waited patiently, scanning through his new demo lyrics he had made, wanting her to hear them.

when they were a thing over the summer, he'd constantly sing to her and she adored it.

his heart sped up when he spotted her walking this way. he quickly fixed himself before closing his locker shut, about to walk over but he stopped when he saw his pal, reggie mantle, making his way over to her.

violet stared down at her schedule, trying to find her first class. she really should have payed attention to betty's directions. suddenly, arms wrapped around her waist, lifting her up in the air. she let out a scream but relaxed when she heard the familiar laughing.

"seriously reggie?" she sighed as he set her down, turning to him.

he smirked and leaned against the lockers, "i've missed you, vi. where've you been all summer?" his fingers pushed some of her raven hair out of her face, making her blush.

"around," violet shrugged with a smile, holding tightly onto her books, "you shocked to see me here?"

"well actually, i overheard people talking about you coming here so, not really," reggie stated, not being able to keep his eyes off of her.

"oh i get it," violet nodded while laughing, "you're not mad that i wore my jacket, are you?"

violet knew reggie mantles hatred for the southside. when they hung out a few weeks before the end of school last year, he constantly bad mouthed them and it upset her.

but, he doesn't care that she's a serpent. he likes her way too much to care.

"it looks fucking amazing on you, vi," he grinned, scanning her from head to toe.

"okay," she smiled as reggie leaned in, cupping her cheek gently, the two sharing a long passionate kiss.

reggie knew archie was watching and he in fact did this on purpose to get under his skin. the redhead told the boy about their summer hookup and how he ended it badly.

as far as reggie knows, violet jones is no longer archie andrews', he's hers now. 

"class, let's see if we have classes together," reggie looked at her schedule, smiling widely as he wrapped his arm around her, "all of them," he whispered into her ear, kissing her cheek.

violet smiled as the two walked to class together, both of them completely ignoring archie andrews.

———

archie knows he screwed up and he regrets it so much. lunch had finally come and since it was such a nice day out, betty, archie and kevin all sit outside.