The First Terror

It was a horrible Winter of November, 1942; Maman had passed by the shops while out in Luxembourg. I remember Papa had reminded My Sister Lotte and I about school, and if we didn't attend than he would take a strap to us. My sister Lotte was Eleven and I had just turned Fifteen that Saturday, Maman and Papa had only two children and they loved us dearly!
"Evelyn, Maman told us to take the money to Mrs. Liber. She asked us to get some bread and Eggs." Lotte had reminded me as I turned the corner; Turning to Lotte, I smiled."Yes Lotte, I remember. And than we must hurry to school! No dawdling." I replied chuckling; but I was stopped short when I looked up and saw Mrs. Liber being forced out of her store by the Gestapo! "What is it Evy?" Lotte asked me; but was also stopped when she saw what was happening to our friend. "Shhh... We don't want them to hear us.." I reprimanded Lotte as I watched The four Gestapo with Mrs. Liber. They had her by the arms and drug her out of her store... They searched her and humiliated her just because they thought they were better.

I watched helplessly as The Gestapo went into her store and began ransacking it; Throwing chairs through windows, Ripping books, Stealing money. Mrs. Liber had