Predator and prey

Sorry for taking so long with this chapter.
I struggled a bit with writing certain parts.

Also, smut warning for this chapter. Have fun reading! <3

-

For Banda, as for Yaba, the final and the downfall of the last two airships was like a frenzy of endorphins. How the exploding flames appeared in the sky seemed to them not only like a reward for their deeds, but even as if they were closer to being god themselves, that's how it felt to them. And although the flames were nearly as marvelous as fireworks, at the end of all the games, in the dead of night, a grand firework began displaying over the ravaged and well-overgrown city of Tokyo. And it seemingly felt like a new world, as grand as paradise was being formed for Banda and Yaba. The power they had gained when they both opted to stay in the Borderland. Equal to gods they were now, in the solitary night, under the brightly lit sky of Tokyo. And when they faced each other and stood at the entrance of the hotel, their skin gleaming in all the colors of the rainbow, smiles on their faces as if they couldn't be more delighted. The fireworks stopped and silence settled over the city in a way nobody could have guessed. By the time new players would arrive, it was likely only a matter of time. In the meantime, the two of them, and the other new citizens of this land, would have a lot to learn. Dealers, games, face cards. What they would do and what to expect was still written in the stars. At that instance, however, the two just stood looking at each other, perhaps a little longer than might actually be reckoned before Yaba broke eye contact.

"How lovely that we both made it, Yaba."

"Let's get acquainted with the new world tomorrow. As citizens, I'm sure a lot of things are a lot more interesting for the both of us." Yaba draped an arm around Banda's shoulder before entering the hotel with the shorter male. The decision to drink with each other one more time was based on even terms, and so the two took glasses as well as alcohol to one of the hotel's higher rooms. The elevator and other electricity still seemed non-existent, so they had to climb the stairs to the top. In the end, however, it was worth the effort, as they could look out over the whole city, which now belonged only to them.

Sinking into two armchairs, they both poured themselves a glass of whiskey before falling into silence and contemplating the world which laid before them.

Not until after some time the two began to converse anew. Only about trivialities. There was neither energy nor interest in serious topics at that moment.

Both kept their eyes directed out of the window, at least this was the case until they fell into stillness once more. The weight of the alcohol was on their minds as Yaba turned to Banda.

"Have you ever been with a man?"

Yaba asked this out of the ease of the occasion but was not particularly surprised when Banda gave a nod. Banda had no concept of shame about the sexual experiences he had had with men. Perhaps his hatred towards women stemmed from his homosexual tendencies, as a result of which he did not feel a single positive emotion towards feminine folk. Rather, aversion filled him, just at the thought of the opposite sex. The deprecating looks he had received from them from an early age. As if they would notice that something was different with him. That was yet another point that bothered Banda so much. Women sensed the danger in men. If you didn't do it skillfully, they would run away from you. Thus, many of his victims were gone. Possibly Banda would have had more lifes on his conscience if he had behaved better.

"Why the question, Yaba? Are you interested in me?"

Banda looked to his counterpart, an amused grin on his lips. If he were honest, he would never expect Yaba to have even a hint of interest in men. His aura just wasn't right for that. And the fact that he had sex with this woman even in prison. This alone made it seem that Yaba was a straight man filled with sexual desire toward women. Banda was all the more surprised when Yaba leaned a little in his direction and nodded. The surprised look on Banda's face could not be missed and so Yaba smirked before standing up and strutting over to the other. Leaning down to him, he took Banda's glass and placed it on the side table, the sound of the glass echoing in the killer's ears made him feel like prey, encircled by his predator. For the first time in his life, he felt a certain kind of respect and awe. As Yaba looked at him, dark eyes piercing through his own, Banda swallowed and sat up straight, trying to regain his sanity. The alcohol helped not even a bit with that.