||Chapter 1: ✧I Believe✧||

Routine mornings and dictated actions. Everyday the same boring sites seen, no kind of excitement was held in my life, other than when I was dreaming.

My mind is a vast imaginative world, where I love to stay for hours and daydream in. Laying in white bedsheets and a soft duvet, feeling as if I'm up in the clouds watching the world go by.
__________________________

[ 7:40 A.M. ]
Effie Noelle Lockwood

Wake up, get dressed, grab my bag and run out the door. It's a usual thing to be late to school because I sleep so late. I'm always up reading till 2 a.m or other nights, I just can't sleep and end up watching the sunrise.

I take my usual route to school, passing a nearby flower garden, which I love to smell along the way. Intaking a fresh breath of floral scents and continuing my short walk to school.

I arrive at school 10 minutes early and gather the needed supplies for my classes. I walk to my first class and sit down next to a group of people that I call my 'friends'. They greet me with "Good mornings" and continue chattering about their previous topic.

I'm always quiet and listen more than I talk. When they have conversations, I rarely give my input, only when I see necessary. My statements are always brushed aside anyway. My thoughts are less important than everyone else's. There's nothing wrong with me, it's just that other people are more popular in the student body's eyes.

I began thinking about my happy place, where I dreamt of exploration and adventure. I like to imagine a beautiful forest and myself walking along side a babbling brook. How I wished to visit this peaceful place outside of my dreams.

I was pulled out of my trance as someone called out my name.
"Effie, Effie!"
"Hm? What's going on?" I asked still lost in my daydream.
"Young lady, this is chemistry class not nap time. Now pay attention!" My teacher, Mrs. Elingston snapped.

I turned my head to the front of the classroom and began copying all the notes written on the board in a rush before it's erased.

I went on like this through all my classes, until lunch. I walked outside towards my usual place, a large oak tree, and began reading "Peter Pan". I always loved fairy tales since I was a little girl. I wish I could go to Neverland and have adventures with the Lost Boys. I want to go away and never come back. I don't feel like I belong here, I feel lost.

When it was time to go home, I collected my belongings and walked home. The sky was a delightful blue and the clouds like pure white marshmallows. I unlocked the front door, stepping inside and smelling the comforting smell of dinner. My mother called from the kitchen "Effie! I'm glad you're home, come help me make the pasta!"

"Coming!" I ran into the kitchen ready to cook because I was so hungry.

"Oh, Effie there's a letter on the table for you" my mother smiled.

The letter was addressed to "Effie Noelle Lockwood" from my father. My father goes on business trips frequently and sends me letters whenever he can. I read the letter and it was the usual "I miss you and I'll be coming home soon. I love you" kind of letter. I put it up in my room and went back to cooking with my mom.

After making and eating our dinner, I went upstairs to my room. I lied down and looked at a family photo I had next to my bed. It was of my mother, Stella and my father, Nicholas, holding me close as I smiled. I miss my family back then, we were so much closer and now I barely see my dad.

I got an idea, what if I could travel to Neverland like Wendy and her brothers do? I grabbed my brown faux leather bag and packed things I'd need on my adventure. I grabbed a flute my mother gave me, a sketch book and pencil, the letter my father wrote me and the family photo. I put on combat boots and black pants with a dark green shirt and a brown hooded cloak, just in case it got cold. I opened my window to the cold, windy night and closed my eyes.
"I believe" ✧
__________________________
Hi, I'm Ana! This is my first story on Wattpad and I'm very excited to start writing! Writing is a passion of mine so I will update as often as possible. Vote for this story if you like it and comment!

Have a nice day