5.

Deja's POV
A few weeks later
📍Charlotte, NC (home)
9:50 am

Deja's POV A few weeks later 📍Charlotte, NC (home) 9:50 am

Messiah and I have been talking a lot recently. Ever since the night I sent that "wyd?" text to him, we've been having endless conversations about anything and everything.

He's really a cool person to talk to. In fact, today he's coming down here from NCCU and treating me to lunch.

I was unsure when he first asked me, but after a lot of convincing, I decided that a little lunch date can't do too much harm.

Suddenly, I see my phone screen light up, displaying a new text message from Messiah.

Messiah.

Messiah. : Good morning, Deja. How are you feeling?

                                  Morning, Messiah. I'm feeling    okay... How are you?

Messiah. : I'm fine. Just getting up good. I'm going to go ahead and start getting ready. I should be there around 12:30-1 ish, if you're okay with that? 

                                 That's fine! I'm going to do the same. Just give me a call when you're close.

Messiah. : Will do, pretty lady.

I blush at his message and heart it. I sit on the edge of my bed, scrolling through my socials.

After a few minutes of just catching up with everything happening on the internet, I get up and prepare myself for my morning shower.

Messiah's POV
📍Durham, NC (NCCU)
10:17 am

I've been enjoying getting to know Deja this past few weeks

I've been enjoying getting to know Deja this past few weeks. I've also been so surprised by how much I've learned about her in these last couple of weeks, as well.

When I first saw her at the campus tour, it seemed as if she was so timid and soft-spoken to the point she could barely even hold a conversation with me.