¾ ◂ four ▸ ¾

PLATFORM FOUR

THE RAVENCLAW COMMON ROOM WAS BUZZING with excitement and noise more than ever. They had gathered in different corners of the room, making small circles. They were eagerly discussing, analyzing, and debating the outcomes of the games that had just ended. The first task of the Triwizard Tournament had taken place that day, and everyone was thrilled about it. It was a topic that sparked curiosity and interest among the Ravenclaws.

Albertus William, a seventh year, remarked with surprise, "Potter's defense charm was impressive. It could withstand fire and dragon claws, even if only for a moment," His comment caught the attention of Aneira, who was absorbed in sketching her latest architectural design. She looked up at him briefly, curious about his opinion.

"Against a Horntail? That was already amazing," Violet Ibis replied. "We're seventh years and we don't even know that spell. He's only a fourth year, for Merlin's sake."

"The spell itself was impressive, but he acted too rashly and recklessly before. Did you notice how he..." Hyde Lyre gave a lengthy comment, analyzing and criticizing the spell.

Horntail? Out of all kinds of dragons, he got that? Why is he so unlucky?

Aneira was lost in thought, pausing her activity and paying attention to their opinion. She enjoyed listening to match analysis, as a Ravenclaw who valued logic and learning. In fact, everyone quieted down to hear what Hyde had to say.

"Too bad you didn't come, Aneira," Carlos sat next to her and immediately put his head on Aneira's shoulder.

"I'm curious, is it that interesting?"

"You should have seen Potter's face earlier, he was almost on fire!" Draco exclaimed, his eyes gleaming with amusement. He strode over to them and plopped down beside Aneira, who shifted slightly in her seat.

Aneira smiled slightly. "I better keep my sanity."

"Caspian! Do you know the spell Potter used earlier?" Carlos asked eagerly, leaning forward and waving his hand in the air. He hoped Caspian had some insight into the defense spell that had stunned everyone.

All eyes turned to the Head Boy, who stood at the entrance of the Ravenclaw common room. He strolled in with a relaxed air, unbuttoning the top of his shirt and rolling up his sleeves to his elbows. "I read about it in a book once. I can't remember the name, but it's a very advanced spell."

"Wow, that was incredible. He's only a fourth year, can you believe it?" Lisa Turpin exclaimed, her eyes wide with admiration. 

"I thought he was going to give up."

Caspian walked over to the sofa where his sibling was lounging. He arched an eyebrow in surprise when he saw Draco sitting next to them.

Carlos asked with concern, "How is Cedric doing? He got some nasty burns, didn't he?" He winced in sympathy, imagining the pain that Cedric must have felt.

"Burns? What happened to him?" Aneira asked curiously.

"The dragon's fire scorched him," Draco smirked at her, his eyes taunting. "You missed all the fun, Aneira. Too busy with your drawings?"

Caspian exhaled. "Mrs. Pomfrey took care of it. He'll be healed in two days. Now," he turned his gaze to Draco, his eyes narrowing. "Why are you always here when I'm not around?"

"Because your face is an eyesore," Draco snapped, grabbing a pillow and burying his face in it, hiding his expression. He pretended not to notice the puzzled look on the man's face. "And I need Aneira to tutor me."