Prologue

This is it.
This is my first season in Formula 1. Actually, it is the first season for the first woman in history. I don't know if this is something to be proud of if I'm honest.

There were so many other women before me maybe even better than me who weren't even considered for a seat just because they were female. I hate to be part of a sport where men will always be prefered over women.

But I am here to prove them all wrong.

I won't only be the first woman in F1 but also the first female world champion.

This is a promise. No buts allowed.

Mark my words ladies and gent.

The way I got my seat in F1 is rather strange and I hate to admit it but I only got it because of all the sponsorships I have. Not because I'm a F2 champion.

I raced in F2 from 2018 until 2021. I made sure to never win the championship because there were no F1 teams interested in me and you can't drive in F2 any longer when you won the championship.

By becoming second every year I could make sure that I at least drive in  F2 until maybe a F1 has interest in me.

I accidentally became F2 champion in 2021. It was the last race of the season and I was currently leading the championship. I only had to finish behind the current second in the championship. Easy.

Yeah.. No.

He was leading the whole race with me behind him in second.
In the last corner before the checkered flag this idiot lost control of the car and crashed into the wall.

What was I supposed to do?

So I not only won the race but also the F2 championship.

I swear, no one has ever seen a more frustrated F2 champion than I was.

At that time I didn't have a seat in F1, not even as a reserve driver.
My manager worked her ass off to find a place for me in the F1 world. And thanks to Sebastian Vettel I got a place as a reserve driver for Aston Martin in 2022.

I don't know how he convinced Lawrence Stroll but at that time I didn't really care.

It broke my heart when Seb announced his retirement after the 2022 season.

He was in fact one of just maybe three or four drivers who supported the idea of women in motorsport and especially in Formula 1.

I was the first person Seb told about his retirement. He made sure that my manager and I would have enough time to secure more sponsorships so that Lawrence Stroll couldn't turn me down.

It's all about the money, even for a billionaire.

I remember our first meeting for the seat.
Lawrence said he wasn't quite sure about a woman in F1. It was okay for him to have me as a reserve driver but not as a full time driver.
Yeah I know.. At least he was honest.

But when he said he felt like it would be too risky to have me as a full time driver my answer simply was; "But Lance Stroll as a driver isn't risky?"

At first I could've punched myself for that but when I saw a slight curl on Lawrence lips I knew I was going to be alright. I only heard a quiet "Touché" and the rest is history.

Slay me.