Chapter 10

Harry put a band aid around his finger after drying it off. He sat down and ate his own food before bringing a plate upstairs for Draco to eat.

He knocked on Draco's door and let out a soft sigh. He hoped he hadn't actually hurt Draco in their little tiff downstairs. He stood up straight when the door was opened and passed Draco the small plate of food. "Even if you already ate, you should have a bit more" he said, turning and walking into his own room before Draco could protest or reject the food.

He climbed into his bed and shut off his lights, letting the curtains block out the midday sunlight. He fell asleep the instant his head hit the pillow. He needed to catch up on sleep, and he had reached a point where he trusted Draco enough to know he wouldn't destroy the house or rob the place while unsupervised.

—————————-

Draco gazed down at the food he was given. He was incredibly grateful for Harry's hospitality. He ate his food, which was absolutely delicious, and walked down to the kitchen to clean up a bit.

It was the least he could do, cleaning the apartment a little. He wiped down the kitchen counters and did the dishes, and organized the appliances that were strewn across the counters.

He wanted to pick himself back up, have a real shot at getting a job and making something of himself. He remembered a small cafe on the corner a few blocks down that was hiring fairly desperately; which of course meant Draco would have a real shot at getting the job.

He picked up Harry's coat that was hanging beside the door and let out a soft breath before leaving the sanctity of the apartment. He walked down the street, feeling good about himself. He was healing fairly well too. It had been around four days since the fight and his bruises were beginning to fade. He glanced at the time as he passed the clocktower. 5;40. He had just about twenty minutes before the cafe closed. He turned the corner and was faced with immediate darkness.

Draco was at a loss, he was dazed and disoriented, unsure of what was happening. He then felt hands, he didn't know how many, pushing and tugging him closer to the street. A jumble of muffled voices and several shoves caught him so incredibly off guard, by the time he tried to fight back, the trunk of the car closed with him trapped inside.