Resident Evil: Eradication. (FANFICTION LEON&CLAIRE&WEKSER)

Once again I found myself in such a desolate town; memories started flooding back of racoon city until I isolated them. I looked around at the barren, corpse laced streets, my eyes tried to imagine a live town, a real town, it was impossible. The bitter wind sent an all-too-familiar chill down my spine; I whipped my head round to face Leon for re-assurance.

He took a step closer, his whisper curled round my ears like the wisps of smoke from a cigarette. The intoxicating smell that reminded me of bonfire night lurked on his skin. I hazarded a look into his eyes; I was lost in a sea of steel blue, misty like the mystery following his every move. His ash blonde hair flowed over the right side of his face, subtly hiding a cut on his forehead. I starred for too long.

“It was Wesker” He traced large the cut carefully. My eyes caught his again in disdain.

“You-you met him again?” I dragged them away unwillingly.

“After we got separated, I was locked in” He pulled a stray lock of my deep auburn red hair and placed it behind my ear, I longed to feel hand enclose within mine. “Claire, he’s stronger.” He grabbed my hand roughly and tugged on it alerting me once more, “We need to move, now.” Leon urged. The back alley street was soon a blur as was the overwhelming anticipation of seeing him again.

Questions raced through my head in an unordered mess, but I ran as Leon pulled me and my hand along. The streetlight looked hazy... on the verge of death. The sky hinted at the idea of dawn, it was resembled by a bleak sheet of grey with random gaps illuminating our path. Our path. We had none, it was wherever he saw fit for shelter, and wherever we were assigned. We paused outside a past coffee shop; the blood splattered tiles were dry and stagnant with the odour of decomposing bodies. Leon checked round a back alley as I kneeled on the floor, he did a quick scan for danger and nodded at me assuring it was safe. We looked at an overturned table, pulled it up, and sat, he tapped nervously.

I gazed over at him; he was looking at the floor, his hair flopping loosely over his head as he nodded in rhythm with the tapping. It had become like clockwork. He looked up and caught my eye, his face was dismal with despair, and he looked demolished physically and mentally with a burning fire raging close to his heart. I didn’t speak; I figured this was a time for remorse; we’ve both been traumatised too much. I didn’t feel like making idle chit-chat, our world had been overturned and our loves lost, Leon was my only sense of reality right now.

My eyes wandered round our surroundings, this world has been so corrupted it didn’t feel sane, real; the smell of burning flesh lingered on our skin. My thoughts turned to my family. I had left to go to University, that’s when I last saw them. My mum died when I was nine but my Dad and Brother still lived at home, well, that was until my brother was called in for S.T.A.R.S. I wished that my dad was still alive, I willed myself not to be consumed by the demon that was eating me away but I snapped. I felt my eyes sting as tears began to prick in the corners of them; I waited for my tears to roll down my face as I held them back. My heart ached, a deeper pain than loss, a deeper pain than love, a deeper pain than a wound. I felt myself whimper as I tried to fight it, but I couldn’t. Leon looked up at me in confusion; he had never been very good with emotions.

“Claire?” he spoke looking up under his hair, I caught slithers of his eyes until they were hid once more. I felt my heart break just hearing his voice; I stood up and starred down at him with a metallic taste lingering on my tongue. I went to speak but I couldn’t, I was stunned by an overwhelming pain; he stood slowly as we gazed at each other. I looked up longingly into his eyes, I felt so alone, so, abandoned. In seconds I felt his heart pulse next to my chest, his arms were wrapped round me tight, unwilling to let go. I loved having his arms around me, he provided me with comfort, I missed this.

I buried my head into his shoulder, I hoped he’d never let me go, he had a piece of my heart that I couldn’t explain and I felt so close to breaking point. He pulled away slowly still holding me, his eyes holding mine as he pulled my auburn hair back. I stood motionless infatuated with his every move, I couldn’t help notice how his eyes were surreptitious dawning down on me. I have willed him to open up to me in the past, to expose feelings, but no. Mystery was part of his attraction, his element; he couldn’t give away his best move.

“Claire I-I,” I felt his warm breath on my face “can’t. I can’t do this.” he closed his eyes in an attempt to hide his emotions. I felt foolish, corrupted by the illusion of love, like my heart has been severed with a blade until it was indistinguishable. I didn’t quite understand his literal meaning but he knew I felt the same way. I couldn’t do this anymore, the constant terror, batting forth my feelings with Leon, even though he was too ignorant to realise my admiration, to him I’m another colleague. I couldn’t live in a world like this anymore, if you call this “world” even habitable. Death had prevailed, I’m losing my sense of time and everything tasted the same, I couldn’t tell if this even was life.

I pulled away; I turned to an angle facing the barren road and prepared my muddled thoughts. I sighed. “I know.” I buried my head into my hands and slapped my hair back into a loose bobble again. “I’m sick of death; I’m sick of monsters, Wesker, Umbrella, Love. I just want it to end. As much as I would like my life to be normal, it won’t. Nothing will be normal again.” I sat back down on the chair and stared blankly into space. I felt Leon’s presence as he sat opposite, his words awoke me from my daydream.

“Love.” He grunted resenting the idea “God, how can you even tell, how can you tell emotions anymore?” He forgot I was talking about him.

 “This world...” I looked around “It’s not human, but I still am. I know love, I never did, but I do. It’s an inescapable void that will eat you up inside, it drains you, consumes you, but after all that, it gives your life purpose.” I looked directly at him now knowing I was in love, and knowing the inevitable truth. He must feel this way about Ada; you can see it in his eyes, his beautiful, surreptitious, eyes.