chapter 2

What a messed up night, man.

Reki staggered up towards Nerine, his posture exuding confidence and determination. His eyes fixed on him, his steps deliberate and purposeful.

I should've just stayed home.

My board got brutally trashed and abused.

I almost had to go up against Shadow for pissing off a client.

And what was up with Nerine? Could barely stand on a board then randomly volunteers to race? How is this real life!?

Huh? He snowboards? And never thought to mention it!?

Hey! That's important information!

Reki stepped forward and firmly grasped Nerine's collar with both hands, pulling him close.

Idiot!

Nerine gasped and stared at Reki wide-eyed, wondering what he did wrong.

"You're so..." Reki started. "awesome!" he squealed.

"Huh..?"

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

"It was crazy, dude, I've never seen anyone skate like that in my life!" Reki said to Langa while he was taping his feet to the board again on some steps.

"Nerine, how did you do that flipping trick at the end? Is that some kind of snowboarding thing?" Reki asked, crouching down and spreading his arms out.

Langa looked at Nerine with a confused face, but Nerine was staring up at the sky with a blank face.

Reki hummed and looked at Nerine and deadpanned. "Hey." he snapped his fingers in front of Nerine, making him look at him. "You didn't answer the question."

"Uh, yeah." Nerine said. "Langa used to do it all the time, thought I could do it too. 'Backside rodeo'. That's what it's called."

"America in the hizzay!" Reki shouted, poking Langa's face with his pointer finger. Langa deadpanned.

"You mean Canada."

"That's right." Reki said. "Well, Ca-nay-da Can-nah-da that's not the point!" Reki said as he patted Langa's back. "Now I wanna see how well you skate! Nerine was like, a freakin' angel!"

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

That was close. Nerine thought, rubbing the arm he landed badly on while saving Langa.

Langa had attempted to skateboard, but he ended up flipping over on the board, onto incoming traffic. And now the blue-haired boy was rubbing his cheek that had gotten scratched up.

"Hmm..." Reki thought, rubbing his chin. "You know what I think it is?"

"What?" Langa and Nerine asked at the same time.

"You guys are tapping your feet! You don't tape your feet in skateboarding!"

Nerine breathed out and ran a hand through his hair. He couldn't help but feel a little at fault. He was the one who told Langa that tapping his feet on the board made it easier for him.

Langa didn't respond, but he looked off to the side, then turned around. "Reki. Your board. Can I borrow it?" he asks.

"As if you didn't just bail hardcore and almost get yourself killed?"

"I know that was rough." Langa brings up a hand to grip at his shirt. "But, I loved it."

"You're joking" Reki stated.