Double Sided

"Okay so obviously elements aren't your strong suits."

The water spell kept splashing him in the face and the wind spell kept knocking him into the wall. Fire...let's just say I had to heal him a few times. And the earth spell which should've been easy backfired, when he hit himself in the face with a vine.

"So...you suck." I state. "But it's fine there's one or two spells I know you'll get." I reassure. "Come here." He steps closer almost automatically. "Eager, I see." "Guess I just have a good teacher." I hold back a smile. "Maybe."

"Repeat after me. Preitori."

"Preitori."

"Speculo"

"Speculo."

"Take my hands." He immediately does so. I chuckle softly. "Say it together and close your eyes." I say closing mine. "Preitori speculo."

I open my eyes and look up, the curling turned into a galaxy of stars. I knew he could do it. "Look." He opens his eyes and looks up. "Whoa." He says breathtaken. "I did that?" "yes you did. I thought it'd be better to teach you one of my spells instead of the older ones." I explain. "You made this? It's beautiful." "And you hear that?" I ask. "What?" "no ringing." I reply .

He smiles a bit. He then meets my eyes. "Hey Hope..." I hum. "I um...I" he chuckles swinging our arms back and forth. "Cut it out." I say sternly, he stops. "I...I really like you." my mouth parts.

"And-" "Jack...dont finish that sentence." I say seriously.

"This can't happen how you want it to happen. Especially now, we work better as friends." "wait, Hope..." I let go of his hands.

"Go. I have to clean this up." "Ho-" "I SAID GO!" I shout flashing my werewolf eyes. He lets out an involuntary whimper and runs off.

I place my hands on the table. "Dammit.."

I sit at the bar in the house drinking. "Slow down little lady," Hamish says taking the bottle from me. "What's going on?" "he said he likes me," I say placing my head on the bar.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Hamish asks. "No, it's not he's one of my wolves. He's an Acolyte. We might have to kill him. He's-" "not Landon. I get it. You two had something special. But Randall told us some of what he saw and you've never looked happier. You're always laughing. Smiling." I pout slightly thinking about Landon. "What if he doesn't like what he sees." "the whole tribrid thing, your family, what happened?" he asks. "Ya." "you'll never know unless you try. You can't shut people out, Hope , we're your friends and so is he." he hugs me and I lean my head on his chest.

Hamish is my second in command. He's really sweet loyal and all and an all good guy. He reminds me so much of my Uncle Elijah.

"What's going on?" Lilith says walking into the room. "Hope, what's wrong?" Lilith asks protectively. "Nothing Lilith I promise. Im gonna go for a run." I tell them. "You guys study." I say hoping down. I take my top off as I walk to the door and then the rest of my clothes are discarded on the porch.