Chapter 9

···•✦✦♚✦✦•···

The following morning the omega was already waiting for him at the training grounds as he was ordered, and that pleased Harry. Seemingly Louis left behind the past day's insolent behaviour, as he was demurely bowing his head now.

Harry had decided to forgive him for his outburst last night because the alpha was sure in a similar situation, he would have reacted in a like manner. Although, it didn't mean he wouldn't give the servant some grilling now. The emperor enjoyed his fiery character, but sometimes it was also nice to see the meek side of his personality too.

So he ordered him around and made him help the alpha with his armour. Louis' fingers worked deftly on fastening the straps of the armour on the emperor's body. Apparently, he had knowledge about how to put on armours, something ordinary omegas and mere servants weren't familiar with. But he was far from ordinary. He reigned as a Queen for years and spent those days diligently learning, as it seemed.

The boy stood on his tiptoes so he could adjust Harry's helmet. He was biting his sinful lips in concentration, attracting the other man's gaze. The kissable mouth was constantly a lovely red colour. Maybe he was eating only cherries and strawberries and drinking red wine. Otherwise, the emperor couldn't fathom how his lips could constantly be so red that they were asking to be kissed all the time.

That was the other thing about the ex-royal. He radiated effortless sensuality. The blue-eyed omega was unintentionally seductive, making him dangerous. And the worst thing of it all was that the boy was unaware of his effect on his surroundings. It came naturally to him, and he had no idea how much power that gave him over alphas and betas if he ever tried to take advantage of their mindlessness against an alluring person like him.

Harry could barely hold back the growls threatening to break up from deep within his chest, and he stopped himself only because he didn't want to scare the omega. But he fumed inside when he saw how his knights pranced around Louis, wanting to impress him.

Everyone wanted an omega like the blue-eyed servant, and it was Harry's fault he dangled Louis in front of hungry predators like his knights. All he could do to prevent the warriors from making a move on his omega was defeating them one by one during the sword training sessions. If someone got to impress his servant by winning the duels, then it would be him.

Between two fights, the emperor returned to the pavilion under which Louis hid from the heat of the sun. When the omega noticed him, he hurriedly handed him a chalice and filled it with cold, watered-down wine. Under the shade provided by the tent, it was much cooler than out in the sun, but the alpha's face was still sweaty from the exhausting fights. Louis stood on the tip of his toes once again and wiped the emperor's face with a familiar-looking embroidered handkerchief while smiling shyly at the alpha. After sitting down in his chair, Harry studied him silently as he cleaned some smudged dirt from the ruler's armour, then went to pour some cold drinks for the knights as well. The domesticity of the scene warmed the alpha's chest.

Louis buzzed around the warriors, but mainly around the emperor, like a busy bee, to the great pleasure of Harry. He wanted to pull him into his lap and scent him but settled for caressing the servant's arm instead when he walked back to the training field.

During the other duels, Harry made sure to steal glances at the servant, who watched them with keen interest. Louis didn't take off his striking blue eyes of the ruler, gasping when the other fighters got close to reach the emperor with their sword and cheering when Harry overpowered them.

To say that he felt on top of the world after defeating all his knights was putting it lightly. It was revenge on them for leering at his servant for too long with hungry eyes.