Saving Lives

Chapter 1, Introduction

I was walking down the pavement with my younger cousin Helena who is 13, she has medium brown hair with natural waves a bit below her shoulders and grey/green eyes. She always has a spring in her step when she walks. I’m also with my mum, Wendy, who has shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes she was smaller than me, and Alex, my annoying older brother who is 19, with deep brown eyes and medium brown hair that goes everywhere, and also my aunt Belinda, my mum’s sister, who has brown hair cut very short.

We are all going to Rowntree Park in York which is a short walk from my grandma’s house. It’s early April in York and my name’s Phillipa but some people call me Pippa for short, I have hazel eyes and naturally straight long brunette hair that I have pulled into a side plat, and I’m 17 and from a town in Surrey called Guilford. I live there with my mum and Alex but I’m in York because my grandma moved here a couple of years ago from Godalming about a year and a half after my granddad died. My aunt Belinda, uncle Jonathon and Helena have lived here all of Helena’s life so she moved up here to be closer to my aunt. I haven’t seen him since I was 6, he walked out on us to go live in France with his French girlfriend, but I don’t really care, I’ve never really needed him and mum Alex and I are doing perfectly fine without him.