~2~

An arm came around my shoulder. "You still thinking about her?"

My brothers know me well. While I'm closest to Rocky, he gets a little nuts sometimes and Riker does have a sympathetic soul. This time, it was Rocky, though.

"Yeah" I said bluntly.

"Well sad's not exactly the state you wanna be in for our opening song. We're not singing One Last Dance first; we're singing Smile!"

I turned my mouth upwards not showing my teeth.

Someone slapped me on the back. "Don't worry Rocky! As soon as Laura introduces us, he'll be Mr. Happy Face!"

I turned back to look at Ratliff. "Really? You're pulling the Laura card again?"

Ratliff showed his cheesy grin. "You know it's true. You have a thing for Laura.....!"

I shook my head slowly and jabbed him with my elbow. "You're so full of it!!"

"It's true." Ratliff paused. Then he called out, "hey look, there's Laura. She looks hot!"

I whipped my head up looking eagerly. When I didn't spot her anywhere, I realized I had been tricked. I looked over at Ratliff with a scowl.

He was laughing hysterically, leaning back on Rydel until she laughed and pushed him off. "It's so true. You should have seen your own face, Ross!"

I rolled my eyes. "Go away, Ell..."

"Ross loves Laura, Ross loves Laura..." He singsonged the whole walking way.

I handed my guitar off to a crewman and quickly walked around the corner to our dressing room away from my crazy bandmates. I looked around me and snuck in at the door that was named "R5".

A female voice greeted my ears. "Now everything has to be just right for them. No, don't put that there. He won't be able to reach it when he wakes up in the morning."

I recognized the voice and waited for the two people to come around the corner. Then, "Laura!" I smiled, standing up to give her a hug.

She seemed surprised to see me but let me wrap my arms around her. When we pulled away, she looked up at me. "Aren't u early? And where are the rest of them?"

"They're coming. They're slow..." I answered, not giving her my real reason for speeding away.

Laura addressed the woman still standing next to her. "Thanks for your help, Leah!"

Leah smiled, nodded at me and left and we were alone. "Do u think ur ready? This is a bigger performance than anything you've ever done. And it's outside!"

I smiled at Laura's nervous face. "Don't worry about us. You have your own part: introducing us!"

She readjusted her hair. "That's not a big deal. I've been speaking in front of people all my life. I just...can't believe how many people are out there." I watched her glance toward the window that looked out opposite the amphitheater.

"Laura..." I turned her around to face me. Placing my hands on her shoulders, I looked into her eyes. She stared and I stared back, not letting go. After what seemed like forever, she blinked and squiggled out of my hold.

"Ross, wha-what are u doing?" She looked confused and slightly ruffled, her voice sounding soft and weak-ish.

I laughed. "Nothing!"

She backed up even further, stumbling over the rug behind her. "Ar-ar-are you sure?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Yeah....." I eyes her curiously. "I'm just wondering when you're actually going to public speak for your own career. You can't stay hidden forever."

She seemed to relax a bit when I said that last part. "Sure, I can. My job right now is good enough!" Her eyes twinkled again and I was glad she had her spark back. I wasn't exactly sure what that little episode was, but I was glad it had gone as quickly as it had come.

"No you can't!" I argued, playfully reaching my arms out to fake tickle her. She squealed and slid to the side of me. I caught her and she laughed. "Ross, stop....! Come on, stop.....you're being.....Ahhhh!"

I laughed at her laugh, while she attempted to slap me but my hands near her waist kept her down. She stuck her tongue out at me. I eyed her with a mischievous smirk, tapped her tongue with my finger and then touched her nose. She scrunched her face up. "Ewwwww!"

I laughed but heard my siblings coming down the hall. I was distracted by the noise they were making, chatting about something or other, when I felt my head getting wet. I turned around, accidentally hitting the cup of water Laura was holding, out of her hands and all over her.

I chuckled. "Awwww Laura....I'm sorry..!!!!" She narrowed her big brown eyes at me. "Sure you are....,"

As I heard the door handle creaking, I grabbed her by the arm and pulled us around the corner. "Just go change." I commanded, seeing her while front soaking wet. "Wear a dress like the other night...."

She smiled. "Ross Lynch is picky now, I see how this works! Well, Mr Lynch, I might follow your suggestion now but don't assume it's gonna happen every time. I'm not ur girlfriend or something."

I laughed, then dodged to the bathroom as I heard my family entering the dressing room. "Gotta fix my hair, Laura. I'll see you on stage!"

Laura continued staring at me while I shut the door. Don't know what she was looking at, but I was proud to have avoided my family, especially Ratliff. His annoying chant was still stuck in my head.

As I stood in front of the mirror, toying with my hair, I thought about the past........

$$$&&&&&&&$$$$$$
Cliffhanger !!!!  Flashback will be the next chapter!!! Some backstory!!!!  Love u guys. That's all for now. Leave comments of you want!!!!