story time?!

One very sunny afternoon, when Summer and Morty didn't have anything to do with their grandpa or parents, they got bored. So what would any teen do when bored? Snoop around their grandpa's bedroom for information on what he's been doing all these years of course! Luckily Rick was in the garage working on something and didn't bother to check on why his grandkids snuck up the stairs.

Morty looked through blueprints and files when Summer watched the stairs in case anyone showed up. Most files were just random science calculations and inventions. Just as Morty was about to give up, he picked up one last file. As he did, one small worn picture fell out. Morty picked it up and studied it. It was a picture of "The Flesh Curtains". He knew Birdperson on the mic and Squanchy on the drums in the picture. And in the front of the stage was Rick on the bass guitar, but there was a person that was right next to him that Morty didn't recognize. She held onto a violin and was back to back with Rick. He opened the folder and saw more pictures of this person and Rick. A date or funny saying in red ink on the border of each one.

"S-summer look at this! I found something!" Morty looked over at the door as Summer walked in.

"What did you find?" She crossed her arms.

"Pictures of R-rick's old bandmates, but there is a different person that I have n-never met before on our adventures. And there are like a hundred pictures of h-her and him here!" Morty held up the pictures for Summer to look at.

"Holly crap, this is definitely what I wanted to find on Grandpa Rick." Summer looks through all of them. Pictures of them making a mess cooking, one playing some sort of card or board game with the group, and one really old picture with the girl wearing a graduation robe and Rick holding onto her shoulder wearing her graduation cap.

"Find what on me?" Rick, with perfect timing, calls out from the doorway. "Didn't I tell you not to go into my fucking room?"

"Grandpa Rick! It was Morty's idea."

"N-no it wasn't! You wanted to know too!" Rick walked over to Summer to see what she had in her hands, but when he fully saw he snatched it out of her hands quickly.

"You little shits need to leave right now. You have no right to trash my room and look through my files." Rick angrily, but carefully, put all the pictures in the folder and closed it. He could feel his heart breaking when he looked at her face again after so many years.

"We are really sorry but we aren't leaving till you tell us who she is."

"S-summer what are you thinking?! Let's just go before he g-gets madder!" Morty whisper-yelled at her, trying to pull her out by her arm. Summer on the other hand was standing her ground.

"It's only fair, you haven't told us shit about where you went to. And mom won't tell us anything about you either." Rick glared at Summer and Morty before sighing.

"Fine, you little shits. But this counts as a Morty adventure for you so you can't fucking bother me for a few chapters about what we do." Summer happily agreed and squealed some. Morty just sighed and smiled, at least he could learn more about his Grandpa. Rick sat on his bed and the two kids sat down on the ground.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all started in high school, on one horrible day when I choose to finally go back after weeks of ditching. I walked into my science class and sat down near the back of the class. I tried not to draw attention to myself but, I mean, I was gone for weeks and now I am suddenly there so people are gonna stare. A few were watching my every move, studying me. But there was this one person who just walked in and sat next to me. She didn't even seem to care that I was there. Like it was just a normal day, and she had better things to do.

She grabbed this book out of her bag, I think it was chemistry, and just quietly read it. The teacher walked in and started just fucking going off on me. For not showing up and not taking school seriously or some shit. After a good 10 minutes of just getting yelled at, the teacher finally started the lesson. It was some dumb group project and we got to choose who we worked with. Everyone of course ran to their friends, but the girl still just read her book. No one had really run up to her and she didn't look up from her book to pick anyone either.

"Rick and (y/n), you two are the last ones without partners so you two will be partners." The teacher said with a smirk. It was the kind of gross and fucked up smile. Like they had some sort of plan to keep me at school. And it definitely caught her attention. The girl, (y/n), looked right at me. Her (e/c) eyes pierced mine, her gaze was...something else. She was softly looking me over, studying me like another person and not some animal.

She had her (h/c) hair down and it was clipped back some with this star-looking pin. Her outfit was this cropped (f/b) shirt with a tank top under it and (f/c) tie-dyed white pants. If I remember correctly her ears were pierced and her eyes had bags under them. She looked like she hadn't slept in days. Which was funny because I had the same sleep-deprived look on my face.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But that's all you get you little shits. Get out of here." Everyone stood up as Rick started pushing them out of his room.

"Aw man, it was just getting good!" Morty and Summer whined as they went through the door. Rick slammed the door shut behind them, the memories flooding his mind.

                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~

"So, I guess we are partners now?" (y/n) looked at Rick as she set down her book.

"I fucking guess so. Even though this place sucks ass and I'm not coming back."

"Aw, come on. It's not that bad. There's...um...books?"

"That's the best thing that you can think of?" Rick giggled at her struggle.

"Fuck off."

"Sure~."