Chapter 3

One week after the Bellas and the Treblemakers returned to campus, Beca paid her father a visit. She knocked on the door of her dad's office, and he let her in.

"Hey, Beca. What can I do for you?" Dr. Mitchell asked.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about my decision about our deal," Beca said.

"Really? Have you given it some thought?" Dr. Mitchell asked.

"Yes, I have," Beca said.

"Well...what's it going to be? Do you still want to drop out, or will you stay?" Dr. Mitchell asked.

"Well, over this past year, I really grew to think of the Bellas as some of the best friends I've ever had in my life," Beca said.

"That's wonderful," Dr. Mitchell said.

"Yeah. But to be fair, it took me a while to actually realize it," Beca said.

"I can understand that. So what's your decision?" Dr. Mitchell asked.

"I'm going to stay. And I'm going to look forward to my next three years at Barden with my fellow Bellas. And to top it all off, since this year's captain will be graduating, I'll have the opportunity to lead the Bellas for the next three years," Beca said with confidence.

"I am so proud of you, Beca," Dr. Mitchell said, hugging her.

"Thanks, Dad. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date tonight to get ready for," Beca said before heading back to her dorm room.

Later that evening, at Beca's dorm room, Chloe was helping Beca get ready for her date with Jesse.

"You excited for your date tonight?" Chloe asked.

"Actually, I've never been on a date before, so I just hope everything goes well," Beca said.

"Well, don't be nervous. Just think positive, and everything will go according to plan," Chloe assured her.

"Okay. Well, wish me luck," Beca said, preparing to leave her dorm room to meet Jesse.

"You can do this, Beca. I believe in you," Chloe said as she followed Beca out.

Beca met Jesse out by the parking lot.

"Hey, Jesse," Beca said.

"You ready to go?" Jesse asked.

"You bet," Beca said as Jesse opened the passenger door for her to get in before getting in the driver's seat.

They had their date at a nearby diner.

"This place definitely looks familiar to me," Beca said, noticing the surroundings.

"You've been here before?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, actually. This one time when I ran away, I actually came in here when it started to rain," Beca remembered.

"You ran away once?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, it's a long story, and I wouldn't want to bore you with the details," Beca said.

"You wouldn't bore me," Jesse said.

At that point, their waitress came to take their order. Jesse decided to order a sirloin steak while Beca ordered a BLT.

While they waited for their food to arrive, they continued their conversation.

"I'm so glad we actually were able to do this," Beca said.

"Me too. Though I am curious as to why you thought this wouldn't happen until Aubrey graduated," Jesse said.

"Well, when we were initiated into the Bellas, Aubrey made us take an oath not to have sexual relations with a Treblemaker. Two girls got caught on the first day and got kicked out," Beca explained.

"I, for one, am glad she was okay with you going on this date with me," Jesse said.

"Yeah. Thankfully I'm taking over as captain of the Bellas next year. And one thing I plan to do is have that 'No Dating Trebles' rule lifted," Beca said with confidence.

"Sounds like a good idea," Jesse said.

"Exactly. I want the Bellas to be free to date whoever they want," Beca explained.

"I'm glad you feel that way," Jesse said.

"Especially since I've never been on a date before. But I'm having a really good time tonight," Beca said.

At that point, their food arrived. They took a moment to eat, and when they were done, Jesse paid the check before the two returned to campus.

THE END!