Chapter 5

.
.
.

Mei, MK, and macaque were training outside on the dock of the airship. It has been about 3 days since they found the 2nd crystal and they were on their way to find the 3rd one which was pretty far away, but they were able to manage. They had a couple of prep stops here and there for supplies like food and water but overall it's been fine. They are unsure if nezah had found any crystals yet. since they found out the markings could move and mei only had a picture of the map before any of the markings started moving they could only hope that nezah got a crystal before anybody else did.

MK and mei were sparing while macaque just watched from the sidelines, he finished his sparing with both MK and mei so he just decided to kick back and enjoy the breeze. MK swung his staff at mei but she dodged it quickly and hit him in the knee with the dragon blade. A shiver of pain ran through MK's body before clutching his knee and falling to the ground.

"OWIE!", MK exclaimed in pain rubbing his knee.

Macaque laughed at MK, before looking up at the sky and watching the clouds roll by. Mei threw her dragon blade over her shoulder before offering a hand to MK to help him up. MK accepted mei's help and pulled himself up, dusting his shirt off and dismissing monkey king's staff.

"you good MK?", mei asked giggling.

"yeah I'm good, but stop aiming for my kneecaps! It really hurts!", MK complained, still trying to get over the pain.

"Well then stop giving me an opening to hit them!", mei said with an evil laugh.

MK then folded his arms, pouting. That's something monkey king would probably say if he was here! MK let out a sigh before unfolding his arms and turning to macaque.

"hey, macaque? Do you still have that monkey king plushie?", MK asked. Macaque perked up at the question and looked at MK, his face slightly flushing.

"yeah, it's in my room! Why?", macaque questioned trying to hide the blush growing on his face.

This was a lie. macaque always had the plushie with him in his scarf, he just didn't want to admit it because he was embarrassed to say that he couldn't spend a moment without it by his side. MK smiled before looking away.

"just checking!", MK replied with a sigh of relief.

He thought that macaque would have burned the plushie by now, or worse but he was relieved that he didn't.

"uh... Guys?", mei interrupted looking up at the sky.

MK and macaque looked at mei as she pointed to something in the sky.

"what's that?". MK and macaque looked in the direction of where mei was pointing, there was a pink flame heading toward them at a high speed.

MK immediately knew what it was and quickly got out of the way.

"MOVE!", MK warned the others as they all jumped out of the way as the pink flame crashed onto the dock, surprisingly not igniting the entire airship.

As the pink flames died down they saw a person inside. It was nezah! Nezah was panting and out of breath as he crashed to his knees, MK and mei rushed to help him stand while macaque just stood there in shock. Nezah got to his feet with the support of mei and MK holding him up. Nezah's bandages were slightly tattered and ripped revealing his still-healing wounds.

"i... I have returned...", nezah announced in between breaths. Tang quickly came outside when he heard the crash.

"What's going on out here?", tang asked anxiously, his gaze landed on nezah and his jaw dropped.