𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

After wasting thirty minutes, six sheets of parchment, and a quarter of the ink in one of my new and fancy inkwells, I came to the conclusion that I needed to gather as many pens and pencils as I could find and bring them to Hogwarts with me. If I ended up ruining my schoolwork, it definitely wasn't going to be from spilled, blotched ink or sharp quill tips ripping holes in my work.

I also needed to bring most of my packs of lined paper as a result of how thin standard parchment was. Even if it likely wouldn't be accepted to turn in bigger assignments on, I knew it was a must for everyday notes.

Despite what Mother and Father told me about the work it took to take care of Tink on my own, I promptly decided I didn't care. Tink was coming with me whether anyone protested or not. Cats were allowed for first years to bring anyway.

I spent my final morning at home triple checking my trunk. New black robes, pointed hats, standard vests, pleated skirts, and knee high socks. Uniform flats, trainers, and comfortable combat boots. Casual outfits from home. Bathroom essentials and cleaning supplies. Parchment, lined paper, and drawing paper. Quills, erasers, pencils, pens, and paints. Hair ribbons. Tink and cat food. Fuzzy socks. No extra snacks.

I added a stash of granola bars Hershey's chocolate to the mix.

"Mum, my packing is finished!"

"Let's get everything in the car."

❀ ❀ ❀

"Francesca, if your friends decided to jump off a cliff, would you follow them?"

Mum didn't like that I ran straight at a brick wall just because I saw someone holding a wand do it. I wanted so badly to tell her that it didn't even matter anymore because we were magically transported beside an endless, rustic red train longer than our street. I didn't.

"I won't jump off of any cliffs at school."

She was silent, frowning before pulling me into a hug. "I don't want to hear a word of trouble from your principal, and I expect an update every week."

"Yes, Mum. I'll miss you."

She straightened out the crooked shoulders of my jacket. "And I you. Your father wishes he could be here, but he had a meeting this morning he couldn't miss. He'll write you first thing this evening. Now go, you'll want a good seat."

❀ ❀ ❀