Chapter 20 - Midst More Than Rituals

~ ZANDER ~

Tomorrow, I want you to act like a good man!

Her words were still ringing in my head while I was fixing my tie and coldly stared at my reflection in the mirror. Honestly, I was confused with everything from my bride exchange to my sudden wedding which is unfortunately today.

The oddest of all is that my father is siding with Simran, that woman who is nothing more than a charming somebody who knows how to play her cards right to attain what she wants and she is confident enough to execute it all which is admirable to be honest if I hadn't hated her.

The thing that bugs me the most is that she has chosen me even though I have insulted her so many times, she still is too persistent and willing to fight with me instead of just giving up on me. I have never seen any woman like her before as she knows to defend her honor and impact me through her smoothness at the same time.

What is so special about her? Why the hell it is so easy for her to bring emotions in me when no one even dares to do a thing about my cold exterior so why the hell is she even so invested in me?  It's not like she won't find anyone, specifically, I believe any man would find her way out of his reach as she is unique and worthy of every attention she gets, it's just I ain't worthy of her in this life. 

Shaking my weird thoughts away, I took my phone and was about to leave when the door of my room flew open with a slam, and caught sight of several maids marching inside my room with something in their hands that was covered with red velvet clothing.

"WHO THE FUCK ALLOWED YOU TO STEP INSIDE MY ROOM WITHOUT MY CONSENT?"

I yelled feeling angered but they just lowered their heads so I just stomped to check as I uncovered them with a flip only to see - there were fresh fruits, dry fruits, some dollar bills, diamond-studded golden chains, gold watches, and lastly, there were many traditional outfits in three of those metal plates.

This isn't what I am assuming or are they?

This must be the wedding shagun (omen) for the groom from the bride's side...

I am aware of Indian rituals because my mom is Indian too, she has taught me everything including how these weddings are so colorful and filled with rituals. I have also attended some Indian weddings so I am aware that these things are part of the traditional omen for the welfare of the bride and groom's future.

"Get these out right now, got it?"

I ordered with a cold face fuming with resentment but they didn't move an inch from their place as if someone had glued them to the floor which annoyed me more because they never had disobeyed me before.

"DIDN'T YOU ALL HEAR ME?"

"They can hear you but they won't oblige as I am going to pay them not you, dearest Jeth Ji, " A familiar soft voice replied instead of them. 

|Jeth Ji - Brother-in-Law |