Chapter-12

( Scarlett's outfit)

Scarlett's P.O.V

I am sitting at my desk reviewing a few designs for the renovation of the house of Mr.Knight and making a few changes. When someone knocked and entered after I gave permission to come inside. It was Lily who entered, "You have a meeting with Mr. Miller. About reviewing the designs for the renovations of Wilson hotels before they come here." I nodded and said, "I'll be there in a minute." and she left.

I went Dean's office and knocked before entering. "I told million times that you don't need to knock." He said rolling his eyes at me. Dean was my senior in college and saw my potential, so he offered me a job after I graduated and now here we are.

"I told you a million times that I won't stop but you should stop asking me," I said and took a sit in front of him. "Now let's keep it aside and discuss the designs."  He just sighed and we started to review the designs we have prepared for today's meeting with the Wilsons about the renovation of one of their hotels.  

Soon we were finished reviewing and I went out of his office to mine. Lily was waiting for me with our lunch.

"You should have started without me," I told her as I know that it was past lunchtime now. She just ignored me and handed me my food. We had our lunch with light conversations and Lily told me about her niece, Lilian who has just started walking and is creating havoc in the house. She showed me some of her videos and trust me little Lilian is the cutest thing ever. 

I cleaned the table and Lily went out to through the boxes. Then we both went back to do our work. 

It is almost 2 pm. I was enjoying a cup of coffee when suddenly someone came running inside startling me which made me drop my coffee and ruin my top. "Shit."

"Oh, My God! I'm so sorry. I came to call you as the Wilsons are here already." Lily said rushing towards me. She grabbed the tissues trying to remove the stain but it was of no use. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." She apologized again.

"It's ok, Lily. You go and tell Dean that I'll be there in a few minutes." I told her and pushed her towards the door as she isn't going. I made my way towards my table and opened the lower drawer on the left and took out the extra shirt I keep there for emergencies like this. I changed into that quickly and went out. I took a few steps and remember that I forgot my phone so I went inside again to grab it. 

It was on the table so I picked it up and saw that there was a text from Rora telling me to meet her at the cafe. I went outside while replying to her. So I wasn't looking where I was going and I collided with someone and was about to fall. So I closed my eyes and was waiting for the impact. But it never came.

 Cause instead of falling on the ground and embarrassing myself, I fell on top of the person with whom I collide and heard a groan. I opened my eyes and looked up at him in his green eyes, which reminds me of forest. Why does it looks so familiar? 

I looked at his face properly and it hit me like a lighting that why does his eyes looks so familiar. 

Cause it was none other than Chase Wilson. 

CHASE'S P.O.V

I just got out of a meeting with the department heads about their progress so far and if there is anything that is to be done for improvement. After I finished this meeting I have another meeting with Miller Architect for the renovation work of our hotel. I hope that their designs are good. I've already reviewed their previous works and those looked good. 

Soon My assistant came inside saying we have to leave now if I want to be on time for the meeting. We reached the Miller Architect in half an hour. After informing the receptionist about our meeting, we were told to take the lift to the top floor. We took the lift and went to the top floor. As soon as we reached we were greeted by Dean Miller the CEO of Miller Architect and a person named Lily. Who then introduced herself as the assistant of the designer who will handle this project. Speaking of whom Lily said that she will meet us in the conference room.

I got a call from Angle just before we were about to enter. I excused myself and told them to go ahead and that I'll be coming in a few minutes. 

" Chase, are you free now?" She asked as soon as I picked up the call.

" Hello to you Angle. How are you? And by the way, I'm absolutely fine." I replied to her sarcastically.

"Oh shut it. I just meet you yesterday. I know that you are fine. Now answer my question, are you free?" I can practically see her rolling her eyes while saying this. 

"Why?" I asked.

 "Cause I thought to spend some time with you and Aaron." She said.

"By spending time you mean that nagging me and Aaron until we agree to go shopping with you and paying for everything that you buy and carrying your bags. " I said knowingly as this is what she does every time. 

"Hey. After shopping we always watch a movie of choice. And then I treat you both to Aaron's favorite restaurant and don't say it like you don't like it."  she said and my lips curved upwards. She always made us do this once a month. "No, I'm not free right now. I am in a meeting. Let's do this on the weekend. Aaron and I were planning to go to a club. We can go together."  I suggested.

"Ok. I'll tell Aaron about it. Bye," she said and hung up before I could say anything else. I just shook my head and went towards the conference room while scrolling through my phone. 

Just as I look up someone stumbled into me, which made both of us fall with the person on top of me. I groaned and looked down only to see that it is a girl. Not just any girl but a breathtakingly beautiful girl, who has her eyes closed. But why does she seem familiar?

Then she opened her eye and into my eyes. Her eyes were ocean blue. It was like looking into the deep blue ocean itself. When suddenly her eyes turned wide and she gasped getting off me. Recognition flooded her eyes but she didn't say anything about it and instead asked"Are you alright? Why am I asking? Of course, you're hurt. I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." 

But I didn't reply to anything as I was busy looking at features which looks unfamiliar and familiar at the same time. 

"Hello, Mr. Wilson?" She called me while waving her hands in front of my face. Successfully breaking me out of my admiring session. Clearly she didn't notice that I was checking her out or even if she did she didn't act upon it.  "Yes, I'm fine. Are you alright, Ms....?" I asked her.

"Oh! I'm Scarlett Williams and I am also alright. Aren't you supposed to be in the conference room? Shit that came out wrong. I didn't meant it that way. I was just askin........" 

"It's alright. I was taking a call and was about to go inside." I cut her off as I can clearly see that she is embarrassed about what she just said. "Oh" she replied softly. "Are you also going to attend the meeting?" I asked her and I really hoped that she does.

"Yes, I am. Actually handling this project."

"That's great. Now lets go inside as others are waiting for us." I said and started making my way towards the conference room with her following me.