new home

Finally reaching Nevada after 35 hrs. (2,221.4 m) of open road plus stops. Laura gets out of the car. She scanned her new place. It's a beautiful home.

Luckily, her father won the court case against her mother, or they wouldn't be standing on their new lawn. The removalist truck showed up just before they did.

Laura looked at the flowers in the garden that reminded her of Clare and Chloe. 

Randy places a hand on his daughter's shoulder to make sure she is okay. It's not easy to move away from everything she knew. He wanted to give her an opportunity to start over, but with Connor Grady still out there, and doing God knows what. 

The house was made of brick and was two-story. The grass needed cutting, but it's a great looking home. Laura walked inside. The wooden staircase is what caught her eye first. The timber was shaped beautifully and painted with polish to keep it from splinting.

She was startled by the removalists as they dropped one of the flowerpots. Laura's heart went up into her throat as she held the railing of the staircase.

"We're so sorry, Laura. We didn't mean to frighten you," He spoke.

Randy heard the commotion and come running into the house. He spotted Laura as she is sweating like crazy. He held her as she collapsed.

"It's okay, Laura. I'm here." He said, holding her close.

Holding onto her father in a tight grip. The men all knew that things could set Laura off at any time.

"Randy, we're truly sorry." The guy said again.

"It's fine, try to be careful with the flowerpots." Randy said as the works nodded.

The flowerpots were Laura's copping mechanism as she loved flowers since losing her best friends and boyfriend.

She still could remember his parents' cries. They were the only ones that never blamed her for Troy's death. He died protecting Laura so her father could get to her.

Mrs. Armstrong moved away with her husband a month after they buried their son. Chloe and Clare's parents were also in Laura's corner. She wasn't responsible for Conner Grady's deadly obsessions.

Everyone that protected Laura were honored as true heroes on the memorial wall. People went crazy, demanding an apology from Laura for getting the school burned down.

That just added more anxiety on a broken girl. No sixteen-year-old needed to deal with that.

When Laura felt comfortable again, she let's go of her father. He ensured she was okay before she ascended the stairs towards her new room. When she opened the door, her bed was set up and arranged perfectly. 

Laura sighs.

She sits on the edge of the bed. she stares at the floor, remembering her loved ones. The screams, bullets and torturing were enough to send anyone to the mental institute. Connor Grady made sure she'd remember his torment. 

"Laura, honey?" Randy asked.

Laura looked at her father. He wiped her tears away and hugged her. Later that night, Laura dreamt about the happiness she once had. Laughing, talking and feeling feel. Why did a mad man want to ruin her life?