chapter 1

It was a long, exhaustiful trip to hogwarts, I arrived and could only think of the nice shower I'd be taking once I got sorted into my house. My clothes were torn and dirty, and I could feel the judgmental stares I was getting from the students passing by. I hated it.

  I must've sat outside Professor Fig's classroom for hours, waiting patiently for professor fig to return from merlin knows where.

  Alas, when Professor Fig finally came to retrieve me, I jolted up to meet him

" so professor fig! Can we go now?" I said anxiously, walking towards him

"Now now Y/N I had to take care of some important matters that had to do with our trouble on the way here." He's says in a manner far more calm than mine. I can only assume he was refuring to the dragon that attacked our wagon on the way here.

"Now then, Y/N.. shall we get going to the great hall so you can be sorted into your house?" He's sticks his hand out forward, motioning me to follow him

By this time, there were no more students wandering the halls. I dreaded the thought of me once more being in front, everyone in dirty torn clothes.

When we reached the doors to the great hall, Professor Fig opened the doors a bit to get the attention of someone. I couldn't quite see until he reached the door.

"Y/N, this is Professor Black, the headmaster of hogwarts," Professor Fig tells me as I look at the man's disappointed face.

It was clear to me I was being judged, the look of disgust Professor Black had as he examined how dirty and torn my clothes were. I stayed silent.

" Professor figs, when you said you'd be bringing in a new 5th year, I expected someone more put together than whatever this is." After saying this, Professor Black turns around, motioning us to follow him. He continues, " we'll get you sorted into a house now. I'd rather not have to look at this mess much longer. "

I felt my blood boil as he said that, but I said nothing and just kept Mt head down. I hated that I stopped myself from saying anything even though I so desperately wanted to cuss him out.

Professor Fig must have noticed how I felt about my clothes being rugged up because before I knew it, I'm wearing black robes, plain with no house colors yet. I turned back to mouth thank you to Professor Fig .

Annoyedly, Professor Black ushers me up to a stool in front of the whole school. As I sit facing everyone, the sorting hat is placed on my head.

"Hmm.... interesting.. you're a brave woman, but also quite cunning. " The hat keeps talking about my qualities as someone catches my eye. A boy standing in the corner next to the slythern table, he had beautiful fluffy brown hair but he seemed to be giving me a 'who the fuck is this' stare which had me hoping I wouldn't get put in the same house as him.

To my dispare I was snapped out of my trance when I heard the hat yell "SLYTHERN!!"  I stood up as the lining of my robe turned green, and my face went pale when I realized I'd in the same house as the boy who so clearly had so much hatred for me. I walked toward the table as I sat in disbelief.

"Fuck! I don't even know anyone and people already hate me." I thought to myself panicking as the brought food to our tables.

The food was delicious I rather enjoyed it. I was still covered in dirt and ash and decided the first thing I'll do when I get to the common room is shower.  But I was growing impatient and decided to ask for directions and leave on my own . It might have taken be while but I was in able to find my common room, though by the time I found it everyone else was already there too.

As I entered my common room I could feel eyes staring me down, the whispers that followed made my stomach twirl in a way that made me want to throw up. Around the time I was about at the center of the common room I am approached by a girl. Her hair was slicked back and she was staring at me with the same disgust in her eyes that professor black had looked at me with. Her expression change when a boy who I did not realize was text her an till he introduced himself.