Chapter 14/Part 1: Day 1 of First Job Shadow-Ramikins Edition

A/N: Guess who's back at writing? Gosh lots has happened in a month. I moved, have been taking care of family members, trying to organize my new place, trying to stay sane, getting two periods in the same month for no reason, lack of self care, having an exacerbation of mental health things (OCD/ADHD/ASD/sensory overload) the list goes on. I can't help myself. Ugh. Anyways, here's another chapter! Decided to cut chapters differently from here on out. Not always fun to end each one at the end of each day. Sometimes it's nice to mix things up with cliff hangers :) Hope all is well with you all! Love you, my FIR-y people! FIR-ies XD

Monday morning is a blur. Kamilla is frantically trying to usher you out of bed, reminding you that you have your first day with Rami today, job shadowing him as a cop. You are jittery from head to toe because, one-it's Rami, and two-it's an exciting sounding gig, going in a cop car (when you're not in the back of it).

You all are in so much of a rush that you forget to brush your teeth and eat food. But somehow Ben has the time to prioritize putting the internet back on your phone, since you're on a "clean slate" now. Although this is not something to complain about. You'd rather internet access than breakfast.

B and K both say their piece to you about behaving before Kam nabs your arm and places a bottle of your cream in your hand. "Here's this. I think you can handle this on your own. And I imagine Rami will be happy to get your breakfast. He makes wonderful food. He learned from me."

"Hey, from me too. And I doubt Rami will be taking him home right before work. Not enough time," Ben says. "I am actually surprised the guy isn't here yet. He's usually at least thirty minutes early everywhere he goes. Even forty."

You stare out the window apprehensively, almost like you are waiting to be punished. The feeling doesn't make sense, not really. You're not being punished. You're not being arrested. You're just following a cop at their job. And maybe, just maybe, you are a little ashamed of how you treated Rami yesterday. That could be part of it. You would never admit that though. And you know that whenever you see his face, it's just too tempting to not pester him.

"Hurry up and wait," Ben jokes. "Thought we should have woken you earlier, but guess not. Rami's never late."

Of course right as Ben says this, you see a cop car pull into the driveway, lights flashing but no sirens.

You roll your eyes. What a fucking show off.

Kami opens the door to meet him outside before the man can even step foot on the front steps—and attacks him with a hug, like she hasn't seen him in years.

The dude tries to stave her off. "No, no. I'm in uniform!" He complains.

That doesn't faze Kamilla in the slightest. "I am your mother, Ramikins. You know very well this is different. I'm an exception."

Rami rolls his eyes ever so slightly as his mom chokes him with an embrace.

"Cop or not, you're getting a hug from me," she says, kissing his cheek for emphasis.

"I know," Rami responds, heaving in gulps of air.

"Yeah, and from me too, slow poke," Ben says, actually poking him in the ribs before barreling into his own hug. You can tell this really bothers the guy if his stiff frame is anything to go by. And this makes you all the more giddy, making you momentarily forget about your guilt.

"Hey Daddio," Rami says, sarcastically, before feeling the need to make an excuse for his lateness. "Dogs completely destroyed the house this morning. Trash everywhere. That's not like them. Although they tried to blame the poor pig." He adds a short chuckle to tell us it's a joke, otherwise no one would have known. Not exactly a comedian.