Inn Of The Dove

(Contains smut)
——
The dingy old inn sign flickered in the distance, the two Avengers not properly prepared for this sudden blizzard weather. They were on their way to the extraction point, ready to get back in the jet with the rest of their team, only to find out they had left without them in an attempt to beat the snow. Agent Hill had called the local inn to inform them of their arrival, but the women were less than pleased.

"I can't believe this. They couldn't wait two more minutes?! You could've flown us over there or something!" Natasha whined, trudging through ice and snow, shuddering at her old Russian memories.

"Natasha you know you hate when I fly, and besides, I wouldn't be able to see just as much as they couldn't see. We'll just wait it out. How bad could it be?" Wanda said, placing a hand on the widow's shoulder.

The two of them were just starting to date, still dancing around each other, encountering new information about one another each day. They had yet to spend the night together and were hoping it wouldn't be so bad. The trudge to the inn wasn't as bad as they thought it would be, although appearance wise, the building was very run down. A vacancy light blinked and blew in the cold wind, welcoming them inside.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Everywhere you look!" Sang the woman that was decorating the tree. She wasn't very tall so the top of the tree had yet to be covered in any ornaments but the rest of the inn had already been decorated with the likes of garland and tinsel and lights via a very tall step ladder. She hummed the happy holiday tune, oblivious to the two women entering through the door despite the clanging bell overhead.

Natasha cleared her throat, quirking an eyebrow at the woman who had yet to be alerted of their presence. "Oh! My apologies! I didn't hear you come in!"

She shuffled behind the desk, straightening some paper work and looking over a few things. "Are you two the women Mrs. Hill called about this evening?"

"It's Agent Hill, and yes, we are," Natasha said shortly.

"That's great! We've got one room left, queen bed down the hall and on your left!" She said, too gleeful for either of the women's current spirits.

"I'm sorry, I must've misheard you. Queen bed? Not two beds?" Wanda asked, suddenly her combat uniform feeling too tight against her skin.

"Yes ma'am. Is that a problem?" The woman asked, looking at the two women quizzically. "Agent Hill had assured me one bed was fine. Unfortunately I don't have another available room or a different option."

"Th-that's fine," Wanda stammered. Natasha grabbed the witch's hand as if to reassure her they'd be okay and took the room key from the woman at the front.

"Just dial 0 on the desk phone if you need anything!" The woman called after them.

"I can't believe this," Wanda mumbled.

"Wands it's gonna be okay. I promise I won't bite unless you ask me to," Natasha teased.

"What?! Oh," the taller woman giggled half heartedly.

"What's really wrong, witchy?" Nat asked, looking at the woman in front of her.

"Don't call me that," she said, frowning with a pout.

"Sorry sorry. But seriously. You can tell me what's going on in that pretty head of yours," Natasha said, grabbing both of Wanda's hands in her own.

"It's silly," she said, blushing and looking down.

"If it bothers you that much, I bet it isn't as silly as you think it is," Natasha said. The two women reached their room and noticed there was in fact one singular queen bed and a small armchair.