Chapter 3: Suspicion

Henry and Christopher stood up after finishing their food

“Belle, Cat, pay the bill and come outside and sit in the car, we’ll be right back after using the washroom,” said Henry

Both of the girls nodded and turned to the lady.

“Thank you, mam, for your service.” Said Isabelle “Here’s your bill.”

Isabelle and Catherine stood up and went out of the stall. The weather was nice outside since the winds rushed through their faces causing their hair to fly in the air. They decided to wait outside. After some time, they saw Christopher and Henry coming towards them. All of them walked to the car which wasn’t parked much far from the stall but was parked at a distance where they had to walk only a few steps. They heard a voice as they were about to open the car’s door. The voice sounded like a woman’s shout. They turned back and rushed towards the place from where the voice echoed. The voice echoed from the café. They went inside the café and saw the woman snivelling with a letter in her hand. Christopher’s eyes widened seeing the lady since she resembled the face of the woman in the passport-sized picture whom he thought was the wife of Peter Alvin. The lady saw all of them with rage visible in her eyes. She stood up and rushed to Henry and held his collar.

“Where is my husband? I know you people must be chasing my husband. My husband is innocent. He hasn’t done anything.” said the woman. On receiving no reply, she asked the same question again, but her voice was raised. “Where is my husband?”

“He died in an accident”, replied Catherine, terrified of the women’s wrath.

The woman left Henry’s collar and started taking steps backward. She stared at Henry from top to bottom but her gaze struck his wrist.

“You bastard, rot in hell.” Said the lady and picked up things and threw them here and there. The wrath of a lonely widow could be seen at the moment. “Run guys, she’s the wife of the criminal. She seems to be a psychopath and could do anything.”

They agreed and ran. They quickly sat in the car and drove as fast as they could. Their heartbeats raced as they never saw such rage.

And the flashback ends.

“Isabelle, Peter Alvin was innocent” Catherine said.

Isabelle who listened to Catherine very carefully was disturbed when her phone rang. She saw it was a notification from a news channel.

“Cat, there is important news about Peter’s wife. The woman at the café, it’s about her. Can we watch it once? Who knows that it might become the most important piece of evidence for us?”

Catherine agreed and they switched on the television. On every channel, only one news was being telecasted.