Prologue

3rd person POV

There's a little girl playing in the playground all by herself. She had just recently moved from Spain to America, her parents found jobs as medical professionals and construction workers. Her mother is a child doctor in a children's hospital and her father is working to build houses and community centres.you might be questioning who is this girl my dear reader. Well It's Anna Hernandez.

Anna's POV

I was staring at the other kids in the playground. They look so much fun but I don't know how to talk to them. Defeated, I looked down at my dolls, I love my dolls. They were a farewell present from my grandma. She knew I was scared about going somewhere new. So she made me theys dolls that looked like my favourite characters from books I read.

I looked back up and saw that a girl with pigtails was staring at me. Scared, I quickly looked back down. I heard footsteps and saw the same girl's shoes. I looked back up and I saw her. "Hello" she said "Hi" I said back, "do you wanna play with me and my friends? Were playing Tag '' she asked. I was hesitant at first and looked at my mom, she was talking to some other women "Is that your mom? She's talking to my mom ". I looked back at her, she started rambling about how cool it would be if our mom's were friends and we were friends. And how pretty my dolls were.

I stared at her and cut her off in the middle of her rambling "i'll play with you", she looked at me happily "Really you wanna play with us!?!?" I nodded. That seems to make her happy, she then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the other girls that she was playing with.

"Look look , I got her to play with us!" She exclaimed, there were two girls, one wearing all pink and one wearing more boy clothes, "Wow you're so pretty, what's your name? My name is Hailee. "The girl in pink asked me, "Oh yeah I never got your name, my name is Nikki". the girl in pigtails stated, "my name is Rylie, nice to meet you". The more tomboyish girl said, "My name is Anna, nice to meet you" I said while gripping my dress."Wanna start the game Anna?" Rylie asked, "sure" I answered, "Okay. TAG YOUR IT" Rylie shouted and started running along with Nikki and Hailee. "WAH HEY NO FAIR, I WASN'T READY YET" I say while trying to tag them.

3rd person POV

"Looks like our kids are having fun," said Nikki's mom ,Camila. "I'm really glad that Anna is gaining friends, she didn't have that many friends in Spain and I was worried that she won't have any here too" Anna's mom, maria." Well, let's hope that my daughter will still be friends with her until the end" Camila said. Maria watches her daughter play with her friends with a smile, proud that her daughter has come out of her shell. "I hope so too" she said back.

TIMESKIP (Night time)

"Hello, the love of my lifes" Anna's Father, Ricardo, said with a loving voice. "Welcome back honey, how was the job interview?" Maria asked "Great, they thought I was so good that the owner of the company wanted to talk to me" He exclaimed with excitement in his voice, Maria gasped and ran,hugged, and kissed Ricardo. "Oh honey, that's amazing," she exclaimed, "I know, what did I do that was so great that the owner of all people wanted to talk to me." He said with a surprised yet happy voice. "Maybe raising such a wonderful daughter" Maria Teased "Oh sweetheart, I can't take all the credit you spend the most time with her ever since we came here." He stated "but who was always with her before we came here?" Maria questioned him sarcastically. He gave a small laugh and answered"Me","That's right you raised such a sweet girl" she stated "No we did" staring into her eyes lovingly.