the unexpected well, sort of...

College has just begun for Angel. She was happy to graduate from high school but not looking forward to attending lectures and completing a ton of homework. She was most eager to leave Jenna Ortega behind. Angel had no idea why Jenna had been so harsh and irritating throughout high school. She had begun randomly harassing her.

When Jenna would say or do something to Angel each day during high school, Angel would always vent to her best friend Conan about it. Conan didn't understand what She was saying since he couldn't imagine Jenna doing anything that Angel had described to him because Jenna seemed sweet and innocent to him.

I'm making my way to my new dorm. My roommate was already there, I was told. I'm hoping my roommate is pleasant. I don't want someone rude to live with me. Anyway, I found the dorm number '269,' and I went to open the door, but someone opened the door from the other side before I could.

"I'll be there right away." They hang up the phone.

"Jenna?"

"How are you, Angel?" I dont respond to her and make my way to the empty side of the room to begin unpacking.

I'm not sure how Jenna got into this college. I had to work hard to get in. She had terrible grades the last time I checked. She even had to ask me to help her with her homework.

After I finished unpacking, I received an email informing me that classes would not begin until the following week, so I decided to call Conan.

"Conan, I have bad news, Jenna is my roommate!"

"How am I going to get through college!" I wined.

"Hey, maybe this is a good thin-" I interrupted him.

"How could this be a good thing, Conan?" I said impatiently.

"As I was saying before you cut me off, maybe you two can finally get along and become friends, if not more."

"You don't get it, Conan. I'm not going to be friends with Jenna, and I'm not going to be anything more than that."

"Ok, I'm just saying maybe it's time you get over this feud that you guys have going on."

"There is no feud, and maybe I can just ignore Jenna for the rest of my life."

"Okay, well, I have to go love you, bye."

"Bye," I hung up with a sigh.

Jenna walked into the dorm she had a smug smirk plastered on her face as she walked to her bed and scrolled on her phone. No words were spoken between the two girls.

Jenna's Pov (Earlier)

"Are you done unpacking?" My mom sounded like she was crying. "Yep, I'll be there to say goodbye to everyone."