Miss Independent

Inspired by a book I read once where a mafia don forces a doctor to work for him, then their equation changes all together. Don't want to give away the plot so please read then let me know what you think.

Kavya closed her the door of her office as she returned from a routine follow up visit with one of her clients.

She stopped short seeing him seated at her desk with his legs crossed and a posture that said he owned the place and he overruled her in every sense of the term.

She frowned.

Hadn't they had an agreement? She would stay out of his affairs and he would of hers?

She had not fought for her space again just for it to be ripped from her again.

" Tum yahaan?"

"Kyun nahin hona tha kya," he said with his typical smirk.

She never knew at first if he was amused or he had something up his sleeve yet again.

She sighed.

Sometimes Kavya missed her old life.

Before he came along and crashed her view of the world. It wasn't always black and white after all.

He had taught her that.

" As far as I am concerned. We had an appointment about fifteen minutes ago," he hissed.

" I apologize Mr. Trehan. My earlier client ran a bit over time," she said professionally as possible without getting too terse with him.

" You have I have some unspoken rules for this arrangement you have going on," he retorted.

He got up from the desk and walked closer to where she was standing.

He kept closing in on her as she was his prey.

Her back hit the door, he leaned behind her and locked the door.

She gasped.

" Why are you locking the door? This is not keeping this professional," she hissed at him.

He chuckled.

"Oh you got this all wrong Dr. Grewal . This isn't professional at all, this is personal," he declared.

Her heart sank.

This was her place of work. She didn't want to do this here.

She tried to push him back , so she could unlock the door, but he grasped her hand and turned her towards the opposite wall.

" Yeh kya kare ho?"

He was not happy. She could tell.

She was late and he had wanted her to be on time tonight.

" I was going to release you back for Monday , but now that you disobeyed and were late, you will be with me until Tuesday now, " he declared.

" No I have to maintain my practice Mr. Trehan," she pleaded.

" We had an agreement Kavya. But don't worry I had a feeling this would happen. I have ensured your other clients have been rescheduled," he assured her.

He moved her hair away from her neck and unbuttoned the first button of her blouse she wore.

He pressed his lips on her scar above her heart.

The symbol of her sacrifice for him.

She shyly turned away from him and faced the wall.

She felt his hand at the small of her back.

" The driver is waiting. Take whatever you need for the next few days. Your bag is in the car already. I am glad you at least packed a bag ahead of time this time," he declared.

She quickly straightened her clothes.

"I thought this was my space," she said.

" It is but the rule is you don't comprise an appointment with your top client," he said.

She sighed.

" I'll do my best not to break the rules next time. Now shall we leave before the cleaning crew comes in to see us not being so professional?," she said exasperated.

He closed in her space yet again.

" After you," he whispered huskily in her ear.

As he withdrew , she nudged him before grabbing her purse from the desk.

" Chalien," she agreed as she followed him out of the office.

The driver opened the door.

Kavya got in first, followed by her formidable husband.

Never in a million years would she think she would be like this with him.

Either she would have escaped him or he would be the cause of her end.

Yet here she was going on a weekend getaway with the man she called a monster in the past.

" Iss baar kahan jaare hai hum?"

" Manali . I heard it's really nice there this time of year," he said.

" Really you never tell me straight forward. So I am guessing it is a surprise," she countered.

He firmly put a hand on her knee and leaned in

"You are my captive now. Sit back , you will know soon enough," he stated.