The Beginning of the End

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

"Seriously?! "I'm just here to give my brother his cleats!" I explained. 'Why the hell do I even bother to be a good sister,' I grumbled in my head.

"Sorry miss but we can't let anyone in without a badge." The security guard repeated.

"A badge? It's my first time here. I don't have a damn badge. If you want an ID I can give you that, both our last names are Hubbard! There's not many people with that name for fuck's sake!"

"We'd still need a badge miss," He repeated once again.

"I understand that, but right now my brother isn't answering his calls and he needs his cleats right now for the game, so can you please just this once let me in or find someone who can bring his ass out here!"

'This is such a waste of my time' I thought to myself. I could be at home right now relaxing during my day off or go to the boba shop that's close to the stadium. I've already been standing here for the past 15 minutes trying to get in and getting in contact with my brother. Hell, even my brother's teammates like Ja'Marr and Mixon even passed me without a second look back. "Fucking assholes", I cursed in my head.

"I'm just a security guard sweetheart, we don't keep contact with any of the players or administration."

"Excuse me? Sweetheart?" I questioned venomously. Right before I was about to go off on this guy, a deep friendly voice interrupted me.

"Yo, what's up Dave! What's going on here?"

"Hey Tee. Nothing really, this lady right here is trying to get into the building, claiming to be Hubbard's sister." The security guard explained.

I turn around and to my luck it's Tee Higgins, my brother's teammate and one of his close friends. Him and I occasionally hangout and talk to one another whenever he comes over to our house or goes out with my brother and I when we all have the chance.

"Oh thank god, Tee you're here! Can you please tell this guy to let me in!" I waved my hands in exaggeration as I begged Higgins.

Tee looked back and forth between me and the security guard and laughed. "Chelsea what the hell did you get yourself into now?" He chuckled out. He turned back to Dave with a grin on his face, "It's all good man, she's really Hubbard's sister, I'll make sure to give her a badge for next time."

The man's eyes widened in surprise, nodding and finally moving aside to let us pass. "Sorry about that Miss Hubbard, I hope to see you again next time," the man apologized.

"Oh trust me there won't be a next time," I responded with a glare, as I walked past him and followed Mixon to where I assumed the locker room was. " I don't like that guy," I complained to Tee as we both walked away from the door, to which he replied with a booming laugh.

Meanwhile in the locker room:
"Yo bro did you see that hot fangirl by the entrance tryna get in?" Ja'marr asked Burrow.

"Fangirl? But how would she know our back entrance?" Joe replied.

"I don't know man, but you should've seen her, she was fine as hell. You could tell she works out too bro, she's got an amazing figure. Sheesh maybe I should go back and check if she's still there." Ja'Marr kept saying.

"Don't be like that man, she's a fan you don't want any rumors circulating around again," Joe tried to reason. To which, Ja'Marr ignored with a shake of his head.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Sam greeted them along with a quick high-five and pat on the back combo.

"Chase is raving about a fan he saw on his way in," Joe filled in.

"Man you should've seen her, damn I could already imagine all the things we could do together," Ja'marr said excitedly. "Ohhh and you just reminded me, she was so desperate to come in here that she even lied about being related to you, Sam."

"What? By any chance did she say she was my sister?" Sam questioned. "Yeahhh she did! How'd you know?!"

"Fuck man that's my sister you're talking about!!" Sam shouted to Ja'Marr.

"Oh shit no way, bro I meant no disrespect, I didn't even know you had a sister! But I mean this in the most respectful way possible Sam, your sister is fine as hell," Ja'Marr added.

"Oh really now?" Chelsea asked as she leaned against the door, raising an eyebrow at the guys. From surprise the guys all jumped away from each other like they had just been caught red-handed. "I'm not too sure if I should be happy or pissed about that compliment, Chase. But thanks for leaving me out in the cold," I said sarcastically. I definitely wasn't expecting this when walking into a men's locker room, but damn am I happy to admit how much more amusing this situation is. Tee ended up going to the administrator's office to get me a badge for next time. So, it's just me and the three guys who'll have to deal with my wrath.

I turned towards my brother, "And you, you fucking pain in my ass, why the hell haven't you been answering your phone for the past 20 minutes," I growled at him. "Do you know how long I had to wait out there in the cold, you're lucky Tee arrived at the right time and helped me."

"Bubs I'm so so so sorry, I've been so busy getting ready for the game I forgot to check my phone. I'll make it up to you, I promise," Sam pleaded.

"Ugh whatever, just make sure Chase-y here stops talking about me like a damn object. Oh and next time don't forget your stupid cleats. I'm already busy enough," I demanded as I walked away from my brother. I felt kind of bad for taking it out on him, but being in this stadium and in close proximity with football players made me agitated.

"Wait! Um, Chelsea, why don't you stay and watch us play near the sidelines? You're already here, and the game will start soon! I can set up a seat for you if you want. It'll be my treat, as quarterback I feel they're my responsibility too and should've kept them in check. I wouldn't mind having you watch me play too," Joe interrupted, almost in a pleading tone. His eyes were wide and hopeful, while his lips formed into a small pout. My heart fluttered at the action, I guess Joe just has that affect on everyone. It made sense why everyone in Cincy praises the man. But, I was shocked, I honestly forgot Joe was in the room with us still. From all the times he had come over to my house to see my brother, we had barely spoken a word to one another. Mostly due to me running off and hiding in my room to avoid conversation. Stopping in my tracks I turned around and met his clear, blue eyes. The way he asked sounded genuine and hopeful, but who knows quarterbacks are known for having tricks up their sleeves. Trust me I've already had enough experience with some of them.

"Thanks for the offer Burrow, but I'm fine. You don't have to apologize for them. I'm already behind enough today because of this idiot, so I'll get going." I went back up to my brother and gave him a big hug, already feeling bad for being rude to him earlier. Before letting go I whispered in his ear, "Love you Sam, I'm sorry for getting mad but if you make me come back here again you're dead." I left his embrace with a smile and walked out the door. "Good luck on the game though, guys!" I shouted one last time as the door closed. I decided to just wait for Higgins by the vending machines across the hall hoping to not come across other players. There's just something about me and football players that just don't mix right.

Once he handed me the badge, I stuffed it into my bag saying another thank you to him with another promise of hanging out soon and walked back to my car. Today has already been so tiring that I decided to just get take out from Hathaway's Diner near the stadium and to relax back at the house watching the game in the comfort of my own home. Ever since I graduated college and my brother joined the NFL, I haven't gone to a game since. It's not because I couldn't go, but more like I just didn't want to. After going to games all the time during my 5 years at Ohio State due to cheerleading, I found it troubling to be around large crowds again.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════